Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

International Flight Check In Time Problem

bustar
Explorer C

Flight to Aruba from PVD through BWI scheduled for PVD Early Bird departure at 5:55 AM.  SWA international check in policy says: "If you arrive at the ticket counter with 60 minutes or less time remaining until your flight’s scheduled departure time, we will be unable to accommodate you on your scheduled flight."  My understanding is that PVD counter doesn't open until 5:00 AM on Thursday.  Will this be a problem?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: International Flight Check In Time Problem

dfwskier
Aviator A

That's a good question -- one that would be best answered by customer service.

I'd suggest an e-mail. Details on how to send on are at the top left side of the contact us web page

https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@bustar wrote:

Flight to Aruba from PVD through BWI scheduled for PVD Early Bird departure at 5:55 AM.  SWA international check in policy says: "If you arrive at the ticket counter with 60 minutes or less time remaining until your flight’s scheduled departure time, we will be unable to accommodate you on your scheduled flight."  My understanding is that PVD counter doesn't open until 5:00 AM on Thursday.  Will this be a problem?

I'm pretty sure you would be fine, they wouldn't sell a non-conforming set of connections.

I think the issue would be at least an hour at the connection point that goes to Aruba, for instance if you were starting your journey at BWI and the next stop was Aruba.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

If you go to https://www.southwest.com/html/air/airportinformation.html you'll see check-in at PVD opens 90 minutes before the first departing flight of the day.

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!

bustar
Explorer C

Thank you.

Link failed, but gave me enough to find it only needed a hyphen betwen "airport" and "information."  

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

If you go to https://www.southwest.com/html/air/airportinformation.html you'll see check-in at PVD opens 90 minutes before the first departing flight of the day.

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!

I was curious about this as well, it's pretty standard that any guide you read says to show up at least an hour early and often two hours early, so it would be surprising for the counters not to be open more than an hour ahead of the flight time.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.