Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Mexico Residente Permanente

davidh772
Explorer C

I am a US Citizen with my Mexico Permanent Resident.   As a Residente Permanente I should not be liable for the Mexico Tourism tax as I am not officially a tourist.  Other airlines have a process for refunding the Mexico Tourism tax for Permanent and Temporary Resident individuals.  Does anyone know of a process to either have it refunded with Southwest or have it removed from the fare cost to begin with?   Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Mexico Residente Permanente

Pfinny
Explorer C

I have the same question! Alaska airlines has a form at check in, southwest knew nothing about this!!!

phanson
Explorer C

Have you received any resolutions to having the tourist taxes refunded? I have the same situation and might consider another airline that would acknowledge the permanente residency.

IslaBreeze
Explorer C
Solution

Send an email to:

RefundsDox@wnco.com

Add your Confirmation number and a photo of your Mexican Passport or Permanent Resident card.

Put down the passengers names, Rapid Rewards number, Ticket #and the expiration date.

Flight Number, departure and arrival dates.

I just send a copy of the confirmation plus the added info.  You can only submit AFTER you have completed the travel...They will refund you the Mexican tax within 30 days.  I put a reminder on my calendar.  Hope this helps.  

IslaBreeze
Explorer C
Solution

I neglected to add the information on the seperate COSTS of the ticket...on the bottm page from your confirmation notice.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@IslaBreeze wrote:

I neglected to add the information on the seperate COSTS of the ticket...on the bottm page from your confirmation notice.

In order to consolidate what appears to be the solution to the question, would you be able to edit your original post to put all of the info in one spot? You can click on the "gear" icon to edit your post to add the additional info.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.