Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Missing bag

Jamesmd2008
Explorer C

My husband travelled to MBJ over a week ago but all of his luggage did not make it. I call SWA everyday looking for lost bag, and I am getting nowhere. Has anyone else run into this problem? I am so frustrated and disappointed with SWA.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Missing bag

Tanya13
Explorer C

Yes, we as a family of 4 traveled to Cancun last May.  We picked up our bags in Atlanta to go through customs and then gave them back to TSA to fly to Columbus, OH (home).  My daughter's bag did not make it.  We valued the contents at over $3,000.  Jewlery, go-pro camera, etc.  GOOD lesson to my college aged daughter to NEVER put valuables in her luggage -- she lost everything that was important includeing jewlery from Grandmothers...... Been providing info and back and forth with SW since May.  Just today, received a letter stating that they doudt the validity of the claim and are giving us nothing.  I am disgusted with Southwest Ailrines -- the customer service ENDS the minute you step off the plane -- they claimthey are not responsible for any lost luggage -- and they DO NOT TRACK it like other airlines.  We have  continued to fly SW since May and have many more trips planned..... getting nowhere with these people.  I'm sorry to say, you will probably never see your bag or any $$.