Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Process of Flying from BNA>Houston>Mexico City

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@StephanieB wrote:

Thanks for your help! Since I am flying  from BNA>Houston>Mexico City - 

• I assume luggage will go directly to MEX?
  • Will I go thru customs in MEX?
  • Will it be clear how to get to Customs once in MEX?

So appreciate your advice. 

Yes to all of these - make sure you have seen @chgoflyer's post about the dates of service to MEX though. 

I haven't been personally to MEX airport, but don't worry, there won't be any opportunity for you to not to make it directly to customs. My feedback from other international travel to Mexico though - try to use the restroom right before the seatbelt light gets turned on prior to landing so that you don't have to get out of the line to use the land-based one until after you are cleared.

And don't bring any fruit with you from the plane.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Process of Flying from LAX>Houston>Mexico City

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Interesting that Southwest doesn't mention using gates 1-5 on their site, but based on today's Mexico City departure from gate 4 @bec102896 is correct, you will need to hike a bit to change concourses, but do not have to go through security again. Still sounds like you'll have plenty of time.  

Those are in the new "international" concourse - the gates are still used for domestic arrivals where the plane is continuing on to international destinations, or for 737-800 flights. The gates are setup to direct people either towards the customs area or up to the regular concourse depending on the origination. The concourse is spacious and not as busy as the legacy section of the airport. Very pleasant!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.