Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Refundability of international bookings from points

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Is there any change to policy for bookings from points in terms of refundability for international flights compared to domestic flights?

One of my coworkers is heading to Punta Cana and the fare is lower now than it was previously. He was worried about changing the flight which makes it non-refundable, but he has Early Bird so he doesn't want to cancel and re-book.

I believe for points that it would be equally refundable for domestic or international, whether it was changed or not but wanted to see if anyone had different experience. Thanks!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Refundability of international bookings from points

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

I've not heard of any changes, particularly ones that treat domestic flights differently than international flights or how points are refunded.

I'm confused though because you said:

He was worried about changing the flight which makes it non-refundable

Is this a points reservation? Or a BS/AT fare? 

Re: Refundability of international bookings from points

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I think he's confused by the wording of the disclaimer that comes up regardless of points or cash booking, he has a WGA fare now. Even though the disclaimer says it will become non-refundable, he's actualy already non-refundable but because he used points, they would be returned to his account whether he changes the flight or not in the event of a cancelation.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.