Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Should I check in at the domestic side or international?

T1234
Explorer C

Hello,

I am flying out of ATL to Cancun but have a layover in Fort Laurderdale. Should I check in domestic or international side at the ATL airport? 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Should I check in at the domestic side or international?

Passenger1C
Aviator C
Solution

@T1234 You can check in at any SWA kiosk. Click on the link below to SWA site with more  information about checking in international. 

https://www.southwest.com/html/air/intl/checking-in/index.html

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Thanks for info link @Passenger1C!

In addition to that, I believe all SW passengers need to check in on the domestic side in ATL. See this thread.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@elijahbrantley wrote:

In addition to that, I believe all SW passengers need to check in on the domestic side in ATL. See this thread.

That's correct, Southwest does not have any ticket counter or baggage capabilities in the ATL international terminal.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

@elijahbrantley wrote:

That's correct, Southwest does not have any ticket counter or baggage capabilities in the ATL international terminal.

I guess to clarify this is if you are checking in - for a passenger that has mobile boarding passes and only a carry-on luggage, you could come in the International terminal and walk/plane train back to the C concourses.

Maybe some hotels have shuttles that stop there first or some other reason that it would make sense. But anyone checking luggage or that can't download a boarding pass in advance should only use the domestic terminal for Southwest.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.