Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Traveling from Vancouver Canada to Indy

Hoosier
Explorer C

What is the most logical stop to make to catch a SWAir flight to Indy when we are leaving from Vancouver?  How do I determine where the most flights to Indy begin in SW land (in NW part of US obviously.)

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Traveling from Vancouver Canada to Indy

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Using the Southwest route map in list view at this link, you can determine that the following locations have non-stop flights to/from Indianapolis so you'd most likely want to fly into one of them.

Atlanta, GA - ATL
Austin, TX - AUS
Boston Logan, MA - BOS
Baltimore/Washington, MD - BWI
Cancun, Mexico - CUN
Dallas (Love Field), TX - DAL
Denver, CO - DEN
Ft. Lauderdale, FL - FLL
Houston (Hobby), TX - HOU
Las Vegas, NV - LAS
Los Angeles, CA - LAX flight
Kansas City, MO - MCI
Orlando, FL - MCO
Chicago (Midway), IL - MDW
New Orleans, LA - MSY
Oakland, CA - OAK
Phoenix, AZ - PHX
Ft. Myers, FL - RSW
San Diego, CA - SAN
Tampa, FL - TPA

Some locations may be seasonal or not have daily service so you can then use the Low Fare Calendar at this link to search for flights from the city to Indianapolis on a monthly calendar.  You'll most likely want to factor in cost/availability of flights from Vancouver to one of these cities to develop a complete plan.

Hope that gets you going in the right direction!

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

Seattle is certainly a great leaping point - you can take several flights a day on Air Canada that operate as shuttle service, so you can leave yourself a wide enough connection time.

There are several lounges in Sea-Tac and other public areas that are pleasant. (If you have Amex Platinum there is a Centurion Lounge as well.)

Alaska also has a lounge if you can fly Alaska to Vancouver (I'm not sure) but you have to have an Alaska ticket to purchase access, or maybe it's complimentary with some tickets.

Looking at the Route Map though, flights from IND will be through these likely cities, and at Air Canada's route map to cross-check direct flights from USA to YVR...

• MDW (not suggested by SWA as one of the one-stop options to SEA)
  • MCI (nope)
  • DEN (yes, also has direct Air Canada)
  • LAS (nope, but has direct Air Canada)
  • PHX (yes, also has direct Air Canada)
  • OAK (yes, no Air Canada though)
  • LAX (yes, also has Air Canada)
  • PDX (nope, but has direct Air Canada)

Of these non-stops from IND my favorites to ease of terminal navigation and amentity are SEA, DEN, and PHX that have both direct SW flights to IND, and direct fligh to YVR, in my personal order of preference.

*note that I picked a Monday later this month to test things out - routes may vary during the week or weekend dates to add or subtract from the available non-stop routes.

Chicago also has direct to Vancouver, but on one of the other guys, from the non-Southwest airport. The gate that you get dropped off at will feel like you walked from MDW though.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Hoosier
Explorer C

Thanks! That is very helpful!