Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Traveling to Punta Cana via Atlanta

jac061265
Explorer C

I am traveling to Punta Cana.  I fly out of my home airport via Delta, but then taking Southwest to Punta Cana.  I saw online that I need to have my passport verified 60 minutes before my Southwest flight.  I am not checking bags so how do I get my passport verified before my flight? Also am I able to checkin prior to that on line? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Traveling to Punta Cana via Atlanta

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jac061265 wrote:

I am traveling to Punta Cana.  I fly out of my home airport via Delta, but then taking Southwest to Punta Cana.  I saw online that I need to have my passport verified 60 minutes before my Southwest flight.  I am not checking bags so how do I get my passport verified before my flight? Also am I able to checkin prior to that on line? 

Edit: see the link about check-in which is still available 24 hours prior like normal

On the other issue though, you'll show the passport to the gate agent when you get to the Southwest airport instead of at the ticketing counter like most people will do.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Traveling to Punta Cana via Atlanta

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Here is some additional information:

https://www.southwest.com/html/air/intl/checking-in/index.html

I wanted to circle back a little bit - will you still be arriving at the Southwest origination airport 60 minutes early, but the question pertained where to verify? (at the gate - no problem) 

However if there was an issue that you would be arriving at that airport less than 60 minutes before your flight it might be difficult.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.