Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

$75 Annual Travel Credit- Priority Card

dunke1aj
Explorer C

I just opened up the Southwest Priority Card (8/2018), wondering when the $75 annual credit will be availabe for me to use?

19 REPLIES 19

Re: $75 Annual Travel Credit- Priority Card

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dunke1aj wrote:

I just opened up the Southwest Priority Card (8/2018), wondering when the $75 annual credit will be availabe for me to use?

I assume right away since it was an annual period - from a practical sense you’d use the card anyway to buy flights right? So I’d say purchase as usual and check back if it doesn’t work. (I believe the credit is applied at the end of your billing statement after buying the flights with the card.)

presumab,y the reset is your cardmenber anniversary, I didn’t see anything suggesting these are calendar year annual totals.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

I wondered the same thing, and I learned from experience that the first SW charges that hit my card automatically triggered the credits. I got credits several times until I reached the $75, and they posted before the billing cycle closed. 

-A List, Companion Pass holder

jsuwanski
Explorer C

Where did you find the travel credit?  In other words, how did you access it in your Southwest account?

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@jsuwanski Good question!  It actually did not show up anywhere.  I hope that Chase will change this.  I would like to see tracking built in on the Chase site that will let you see when you redeem these credits or how much you have left.  Perhaps that will come soon.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

jsuwanski
Explorer C

Thanks!  That's interesting.  So how do you know you've used them?  Does Southwest just take them off the total when you go to pay?  

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The credit doesn't come from Southwest, it comes from Chase. Chase applies it to your Chase Rapid Rewards Priority Visa account when you've had a qualifying purchase at Southwest in the previous month. 

jsuwanski
Explorer C

Got it.  Thank you!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jsuwanski wrote:

Thanks!  That's interesting.  So how do you know you've used them?  Does Southwest just take them off the total when you go to pay?  

No, pay Southwest as you normally would, and get the credit from Chase on your account later.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

tinalzhang
Explorer C

Is the annual $75 credit based on the open date (e.g. 12/1-11/30, if I opened my account on Dec 1st), or calendar date (1/1-12/31)? TIA!