Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can a cardholder transfer their points to an authorized user?

Explorer C

For the SW business cc, can a cardholder transfer their points to an authorized user?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Can a cardholder transfer their points to an authorized user?

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

Any Rapid Rewards user can transfer points to another user though the cost to do so almost never makes sense.  I personally wouldn't do it.

Rapid Rewards members are able to redeem points to buy a ticket for anyone and that is the recommended approach.  I take this approach.

The source of the points earned (business credit card, personal credit card, completed travel, dining, etc.) and the relationship of who you are using your points for (an employee, an authorized user, a relative in a far flung location, your neighbor, etc.) don't have any impact on the first two statements above.

Customer | Home airport DCA

Re: Can a cardholder transfer their points to an authorized user?

Explorer C

Great; thank you SWDigits!!

@SWDigits wrote:

Any Rapid Rewards user can transfer points to another user though the cost to do so almost never makes sense.  I personally wouldn't do it.

Rapid Rewards members are able to redeem points to buy a ticket for anyone and that is the recommended approach.  I take this approach.

The source of the points earned (business credit card, personal credit card, completed travel, dining, etc.) and the relationship of who you are using your points for (an employee, an authorized user, a relative in a far flung location, your neighbor, etc.) don't have any impact on the first two statements above.