Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can the refer a friend code be combined with the current Companion Pass promo with Chase?

bwan
Explorer C

Hi

I wanted to ask if anyone knew if I could use a refer a friend code, and also still apply for the companion pass promo that is avail now? I'm not sure if the refer a friend bonus counts towards that limit of receiving bonus points as a new cardholder.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Can the refer a friend code be combined with the current Companion Pass promo with Chase?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I’m not quite clear on the scenario. You are already a customer with a RR account and have referred some friends - I don’t see why that would interfere. Check the terms again and the restriction may refer to a cardmember bonus that’s defined from opening an account and hitting a  spending threshold - the RAF offers are more like add-on bonus, and they wouldn’t want to discourage anyone from referring more customers, that’s business for Chase and Southwest.

if you have been referred by someone else, that might be a different story, the pathway to apply may not allow two codes to be applied? Maybe it would double up - if it does that that’s the opposite case as above where two bonuses are given for the same action that only one is necessary to incentivize a customer. No “free riders” on incentives.

Let is know if the actual scenario is something else and we can weigh in with more specifics.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Can the refer a friend code be combined with the current Companion Pass promo with Chase?

bwan
Explorer C

Hi!

Thanks for weighing in. I received a refer a friend code, and I was wondering if I could go use that code to apply for the current companion pass promo with chase. Or would I just get the bonus points? 

VAIVEY
Explorer C

Refer a Friend is not participating in the Companion Pass promo. An exisiting cardmember can still earn referral points, but the new cardmember would be applying for a 40K offer. Unfortunately, there is no way to get the CP offer as a new cardmember and also give your existing cardmember friend the referral points. Hope this helps!

bwan
Explorer C

ok so it sounds like it's a 1 or the other type of situation. No doubling up. Thanks.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Mind if I hop in here? I'd recommend you check with Chase on how the referal system works with this promo. Since they're the authorizing bank, they'd have all the answers.

Hope this all gets sorted soon,

ZevSupport

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger