Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Chase Companion Pass Credit Card Offer - 2019

Token1
Explorer C

Has anyone received a Companion Pass from the 30k points/$4k spend offer from Chase?

How long did it take for the pass to become active after getting the points?

I completed requirements and the points  posted to my RR account last week without activating the Companion Pass.

The SWA rep indicated it could take 4-8 weeks for the pass to be posted based on the CC terms.

It doens't seem logical the points would post without activating the pass.

Thanks in advance!

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Chase Companion Pass Credit Card Offer - 2019

Token1
Explorer C
Solution
I just wanted to close the loop on this one for other people.
The companion pass was finally activated 4 business days after my RR points were posted from Chase.

• Applied for Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Card on 1/12/19.
  • Received card on ~ 1/16/19.
  • Met spending requirements and statement closed on 1/28/19.
  • Points posted on 1/30/19.
  • Companion pass enabled on website 2/5/19.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Thanks for letting everyone know. Seems like the process was pretty speedy.

katieseemann
Explorer C

That's great news! I am currently waiting for mine but I think it's only been 3 days since I hit my 4K spend. When I earned the CP last time it was in my account within a day or 2 of hitting 100K points!

FarRenGate
Explorer C

Thanks for the info!

I got my card of February 1 and last week met the spending requirement. Will my welcome bonus be available only after the first billing cycle is closed?

Beware Re: Chase Companion Pass Credit Card Offer - 2019

Ciaobela2001
Explorer C

Lucky you.  Chase sent Southwest notification that I qualified on 2/15 and still no results.  I have called and keep getting the same run around that it could take 8 weeks.  It’s two weeks later and no results.  I feel like I got scammed.  I was so excited to get a companion pass and 30k miles.  I wonder if it helps to complain to the BBB and Attorney General.   It seems like it’s just a delay so I lose two months to use it.   I flew twice this month and used Delta for both.  But secretly I hated every mile I flew.  I love SWA but no so much the last two weeks.  

Re: Beware Re: Chase Companion Pass Credit Card Offer - 2019

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hello.

Sorry to hear that you have yet to receve your CP.

Since the offer expired and is no longer viewable on line, I cannot verify one of the things that I seem to remember about the offer: that it could take upto a month after qualificaion to get the CP . That could explain your situation.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Ciaobela2001 wrote:

Lucky you.  Chase sent Southwest notification that I qualified on 2/15 and still no results.  I have called and keep getting the same run around that it could take 8 weeks.  It’s two weeks later and no results.  I feel like I got scammed.  I was so excited to get a companion pass and 30k miles.  I wonder if it helps to complain to the BBB and Attorney General.   It seems like it’s just a delay so I lose two months to use it.   I flew twice this month and used Delta for both.  But secretly I hated every mile I flew.  I love SWA but no so much the last two weeks.  

You said, "Chase sent Southwest notification that I qualified on 2/15." Do you mean that your Chase statement closed on 2/15? And that you had met the $4000 spending threshold by that point?

Both of these things would need to be true before Southwest will issue the CP. You have to meet the spending threshold (not including the annual fee, which doesn't count) and then the Chase statement showing that has to be generated, and those points sent to Southwest, to be posted by Southwest in your Rapid Rewards account.

Most people are reporting the CP showing up in their Rapid Rewards account 3-5 days following the close of their Chase statement after the spend requirement has been met.

If so, have you reached out to Customer Relations (not the "regular" number)?

(And, as you mentioned, the terms and conditions of the offer specify that it can take up to 8 weeks to receive the CP, so complaining to the BBB and/or Attorney General would be unwarranted (and, with respect to the BBB, even more of a waste of time than usual.) 😉

Ciaobela2001
Explorer C

@chgoflyer wrote:

@Ciaobela2001 wrote:

You said, "Chase sent Southwest notification that I qualified on 2/15." Do you mean that your Chase statement closed on 2/15? And that you had met the $4000 spending threshold by that point?

Both of these things would need to be true before Southwest will issue the CP. You have to meet the spending threshold (not including the annual fee, which doesn't count) and then the Chase statement showing that has to be generated, and those points sent to Southwest, to be posted by Southwest in your Rapid Rewards account.

Most people are reporting the CP showing up in their Rapid Rewards account 3-5 days following the close of their Chase statement after the spend requirement has been met.

(And, as you mentioned, the terms and conditions of the offer specify that it can take up to 8 weeks to receive the CP, so complaining to the BBB and/or Attorney General would be unwarranted (and, with respect to the BBB, even more of a waste of time than usual.) 😉

Chase confirmed that they sent the info to Southwest stating I qualified on 2/15.  Southwest confirms they received it and it’s all good but now it might take 8 weeks. Wtf. It doesn’t have to be handwritten in crayon.  I have called the internal number three times.  All they say is yep just wait well I lose out on two months of use.  It’s horrible service and already have been using Delta instead.  I love SWA but this was a mistake for me.  

@chgoflyer wrote:

@Ciaobela2001 wrote:

chgoflyer
Aviator A

So, again, what you're saying doesn't actually follow how the process works. Just to clarify...

Did your Chase account close on or before 2/15?

Are the points from the previous month's spend showing up in your Rapid Rewards account?