Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Chase SW Card Companion Pass Promotion

na305698
Explorer C

I recieved and hit my minimum spend for the recent promotion for a Companion Pass through the Chase SW Visa before the close of my first statement on 2/23/19. I can see on the Chase site that I was awarded the 30k Bonus points for hitting minimum requirements.  I reached out to SW and Chase and they both said it would take 2-4 weeks for my RR points to update and Companion Pass to show. Another STatement has closed and I have seen 0 points updated to my RR account. I did put in my RR# when I applied for the card. 

Does anyone know who I can call about getting this resolved. 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Chase SW Card Companion Pass Promotion

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

It is fully up to Chase to notify SW about your completion of the requirements. Even though you put your RR# on the application, I would verify with Chase to make sure they have the right number.  It does sound strange that two statements have closed without things posting to your SW account.

There also may be others on the community here who could give you the timelines they experienced for everything posting.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

paulhmorin
Explorer C

I have an identical problem. Have accrued over 6000 points but no indication on Southwest. Southwest shows last activity date was 02/05/2019. Have received the 30,000 from Chase but nothing on SW. 2 billing periods have come and gone with nothing on Southwest. I have sent emails to both companies and they say basically WAIT. 

SWDigits
Aviator A

@paulhmorin wrote:

Have accrued over 6000 points but no indication on Southwest....Have received the 30,000 from Chase but nothing on SW.

Double checking my understanding of what you posted, have the 30,000 bonus points posted to your Rapid Rewards account on Southwest.com?

Customer | Home airport DCA

paulhmorin
Explorer C

no

SWDigits
Aviator A

I know the terms & conditions provide a buffer period but here's the typical timing for my account:

Chase side: Go to "Rewards" section, click "Details", click "See rewards history", click on the statement period (i.e. April 29th) and there are three rows of values:

• + 2X Pts for Southwest purchases     #x
  • + Points earned on all other purchases     #y
  • - Total Rapid Rewards transf. to Southwest     #z

Southwest side: Go to "My Rapid Rewards" section, click "Recent Activity", click "View all activity", then I see a row with the following label:

• Credit Card Rapid Rewards Credit Card 04/30/2019 + #z points

I'm another customer so sharing the path and typical timing that I see.  It's usually a one day lag *based on my personal experience* between the dates for the Chase and Southwest handoff.

Your Rapid Rewards account number should be on the back of your personal credit card.  If it's not the same number you see when you log in to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account then that is the problem.  If you call Chase you can also ask them to confirm the Southwest Rapid Rewards number that they have on file.

It will be a huge help for others if you're able to share the root cause and resolution back here if you are so inclined to do so.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

We're sorry for the frustration, Paul. As a peer-to-peer support forum, we aren't equipped to assist you here, but we highly recommend reaching out via the "Email Us" option in the link below. There, a Southwest Chase Liaison can look into exactly what's going on for your specific situation. Thank you!

https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US

Nicole
Community Manager

SWDigits
Aviator A
It sounds like something is off so I echo the comment to call Chase.

I assume this is for a personal card so check to see that your Rapid Rewards (RR) number is on your credit card (it's on my personal card). Note that we also have a business credit card but the business cards do not have the RR number. If your personal card doesn't have your RR number or it has the wrong number then that is a good starting point for the conversation with Chase.