Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Chase may not be the best option for a rapids reward card

geekest1
Explorer C

So I received my card in about a week and a half and then learned of the referral program. I encouraged my wife to apply so we could better manage our benefits using the same Southwest  card. While I got my card quickly, without hassle my wife's application was declined because someone at Chase couldn't confirm the information on the application. 

We called Chase and after about a half hour on the phone and TWO  text messages with validation codes to confirm they were really speaking with us, we finally got an answer. According to Chase, they had called us several days before regarding the application and were told by whoever they spoke with that no application was ever submitted. Well, my wife and I live alone. There would be no one else in our household to speak with.

Now the problem begins... they screwed up and they now expected us to clean up the mess and go to a chase branch office, present a drivers license or passport and complete an application there. 

Total BS. If that is how Chase conducts business I will be canceling my card at the first opportunity.  There are other cards, without fees and cash perks which may work just as well or better. A shame because I love Southwest. Just can't work with Chase.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Chase may not be the best option for a rapids reward card

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sounds like Chase called the wrong number, and of course the peson who answered had no idea what Chase was talking about.

I don't like doing business with businesses that are difficult to deal with either. That being said, you have to decide whether or not you are so unhappy with Chase that you are willing to cancel your card and give up the points that card would have earned.

Since you've apparently talked with Chase a few times since this process started (with no progess made), a letter to Chase's CEO might do some good.