Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Close to Companion Pass, thinking hotel points thru SouthwestHotels.com:

jbrand29
Explorer C

I flew to Vegas last week because I was 3800 points short, did business class and it was totally worth it. I had my points by that afternoon. I'm flying 2x in February, which takes care of the money I spent to go to Vegas. I flew in and back quickly 🙂

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C

Nice! That's pretty quick. Hope Vegas was fun

bettercallsaul
Explorer C

Yessss....just logged in to my account and I now have my companion pass. So just to summarize my situation and experience once and for all...

I was about 13.4k points short of my companion pass when I checked on Dec 15. I knew I would get about 8.6k points when my credit card points would hit my account toward the end of the month, so I figured I would need about 4.8k points from some other source. I did some research and it seemed like the cheapest (not necessarily the fastest) way to get those last 5k points would be through Southwesthotels.com

I booked my room through the Southwesthotels.com and stayed 1 night checking in Saturday Dec 22 and checking out Sunday Dec 23, which would earn me 5000 points - cost me roughly $200, which is FAR less than flying Business Select for 12x points - but also a bit of a gamble, as my hotel points would have to post by Dec. 31 to qualify for my CP.

My credit card points hit my account on Christmas Day Dec 25, which was expected. I logged in to my account today Wednesday Dec 26 and my hotel points were also in my account and I have officially qualified for my companion pass. I read on this (and other forums) that the hotel points normally will be in your account 3-5 days after your checkout date and those people seem to be right. The T&C say expect the points in your account 6-8 WEEKS after check out date, I assume that is some CYA by the travel portal - all in all, my experience was fantastic and reaffirms why I love Southwest!

In any event, that summarizes my experience - thanks to all who posted suggestions and I hope this helps others in the future.

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C

Congrats!

Libra_14
Explorer C

Confusion regarding RR points for hotel booking.

I am visiting Miami & saw a hotel showing 19K RR points for a 2 night stay. Will I get the full 19K point counting towards my CP?

I called SW customer care to know how much are base points & how much are bonus points for that hotel booking showing 19K points for the stay.

They said it depends on how hotel replies to SW for those points, if hotel decides to give you 2K as base points & 17K as bonus points, then those 17K won't be counted against CP.

Can someone please clear this confusion.

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Libra_14: (sorry, quoting another post is broken):

I replied to your post in the other thread. The shirt answer is that yes, the points should qualify. The long answer is more complicated. 😉 

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Rapid-Rewards-Credit-Card/Extra-Points-on-hotel-booking/m-p...