Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Recently attended a Rapid Rewards Access Event in Chicago and it was great!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

My wife and I attended the Plain White T's event held at Salvage One and had a great time.

The venue was filled with ecclectic items "salvaged" from buildings that were to be demolished which provided a fun atmosphere. 

There were a couple of fun games - guess the number of swizzle sticks and also guess the number of guitar picks in a jar to win a solid-body Epiphone in the style of Les Paul - it wasn't anywhere close to my guess of 737 for either item.

We also enjoyed the @ShutterboothChicago station making a fun video http://boothpic.co/48im6 in case you are wondering what the guitar looked like. I did also dress up for the occasion.

Dinner was fun with our seats at communal tables talking to the other Rapid Reward Card holders, tasty salad, short rib entree, and dessert. The theming was fun with route maps, toy planes and provisioning trucks, a Southwest bus that we didn't quite understand, and captain's hats for kids.

Then our boarding passes were for some reason in "D-group" (108 and 109...nearly the last to check-in as it were) but every seat was amazing and the crowd was able to interact with the group dudring an hour-long set.

A great time was had by all and special thanks to the Southwest and Chase teams for putting together such a fun event!

I'll try to come back to this post and insert some pictures.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Recently attended a Rapid Rewards Access Event in Chicago and it was great!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Sounds like a great time! Did you meet anyone that knew you through the Southwest Community?

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Sounds like a great time! Did you meet anyone that knew you through the Southwest Community?

--TheMiddleSeat

No, I was interested to see if anyone with username that rhymes with @chgoflyer would also be attending but life is quite hectic at the moment and didn't have any chance to confer in advance.

I know there are a few other Chicago-area community members as well, but other than talking to the people at your own table the concert itself wasn't the best time for mingling.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Alas, I was not there -- I didn't even know the event was happening. Salvage One is a great venue, as is Architectural Artifacts -- if you get a chance check them out sometime (open for retails sales as well).

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C

Nice! Looks like a lot of fun