Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Reqrds Point Swithched

jawilliams68
Explorer C

I signed up for a SW Rapid Reqrds Credit Card based on the opportunity to earned 60,000 points.

Earn 40,000 points after you spend $1,000 in the first three months your account is open. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 points after you spend $12,000 total on purchases within the first year.  I spent the$1,000 in the first three months but was only awarded $200 credit and 10,000 points.  I have been trying to get this resolved through customer service, but I keep getting the same response, we will submit your request to change your reward and see what happens.  So far, nothing has changed.  What is my next course of action?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Reqrds Point Swithched

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hello.

There's lots of confusion about the credit card offers. There are at least 3 running simultaneously that I am aware of:

1) $200 credit and 10,000 RR points

2) 40,000 RR points and no credit

3) 60,000 RR points and no credit

It sounds like Chase thinks you sigend up for #1 above and you think that you signed up for #3 above. This has happened to multiple people that have come here for help.

Because this is a Chase program, Chase has to be the one to sort it out. Southwest has no way to know what you signed up for. Southwest just adds points to your RR account when Chase tells it  to do so.

So, you just need to keep talking to Chase.

Good luck