Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rewards 15% Bonus Points

jim00300
Explorer C

I signed up for a promotion early this year.  If you charge 35,000 on your southwest credit in Jan Feb and March you get 15% bouns points.  Has anyone recived the pointe yet?  I have not.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Rewards 15% Bonus Points

dfwskier
Aviator A

@jim00300 wrote:

I signed up for a promotion early this year.  If you charge 35,000 on your southwest credit in Jan Feb and March you get 15% bouns points.  Has anyone recived the pointe yet?  I have not.

I haven't seen an offer based on earning 35,000 RR points via credit card. There was one for a 15%

bonus (max 15000 RR points)  on a min of 10,000 CC miles posted to your RR account in   February, March and April. It did not include CC spend in April that did not post to your RR account til May. The rules said it would take up ti 4 weeks for the bonus to hit your RR account, so you are a wee bit past  the 4 week window. I'd suggest waiting a wee bit longer. 

You had to sign up for the deal first, and CC miles posted to your RR after that date would count.

Here's the deal I found:

https://dannydealguru.com/2019/01/16/15-bonus-points-with-chase-southwest/

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jim00300 wrote:

Charging $35,000 in three months doesn't sound right.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

There were multiple versions of the 15% bonus offer, which were targeted to individual RR members/cardholders. The one most people reported receiving required 25,000 points (details below). Terms state the points can take up to 8 weeks after the end of the promotional period to post. The promo ended 4/30/19, so they should post by June 25, 2019.

southwest 15% bonus points promo.png

FORISSCHAUB
Explorer C

Same issue.  I have called multiple times and no one has assisted to resolve.  Met ALL of the requirements for the 15% bonus.  

FORISSCHAUB
Explorer C

Who is accountable for posting the points?  Chase or Southwest?  One points to the other when I call.  7/1/2019 and still waiting for them to be posted.

SWDigits
Aviator A
I would send Southwest an email message via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the discussion forum pages (click on the "Send us a message" link and it will load the form for you to complete. My understanding is that Southwest has someone whose job it is to coordinate with Chase. As another Southwest customer the only way I've seen to get in touch with that person is to complete the online message form.

Customer | Home airport DCA

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@FORISSCHAUB wrote:

Who is accountable for posting the points?  Chase or Southwest?  One points to the other when I call.  7/1/2019 and still waiting for them to be posted.

The terms and conditions specifically state that Chase is not responsible for this promotion. Contact Southwest.