Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW Chase Card Not Honoring Promotional Points?

Shaliseg
Explorer B

Good morning,

I've been signing up/registering for promotions but it doesn't seem like I'm getting those points. Some of the promotions include ... 

1. Complete taxes w/ turbox tax, get 1,000 pts  EDIT: (Verified that these were provided via the SW Shopping Rewards Button)

2. Earn 10,000 pts, get 25% bonus 

3. Pay two bills of $25+ get 500 pts

Either I'm looking in the wrong place, or they aren't being honored... I reached out to Chase, they said talk to SW. I reached out to SW, they said talk to Chase. It's annoying that they're partnered but not really working as partners. Anyone else experiencing this?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: SW Chase Card Not Honoring Promotional Points?

dfwskier
Aviator A

First thing to do is insure Chase has your correct RR #. If it does ...

If Chase told you you would earn points for doing certain things, and it is not happening, then it is a Chase problem. 

Chase buys points from SW. Then it gives those points to it's customers. Chase is not in posession of the points. They are held in Chase's name by SW. Chase tells SW to give person A Xnumber of points, and SW gives them to the Chase customer.

SW only does what Chase tells it to do.

Something is breaking down on Chase's side of the transaction.

If I were you, I'd call Chase and try again. If you are stonewalled, ask to talk with a superviser.

Then to that person's supervisor if necessary. Be insistent as THIS IS A CHASE PROBLEM.

If all else fails, I'd complain via letter to Chase's CEO. I've done that before, and the effort was successful.

Shaliseg
Explorer B

dfwskier,

Thanks for the feedback! I have reached out to chase (again) and waiting on them to follow up. I was just curious if anyone else had experienced this issue, or was I the lucky candidate. I know they have the right RR because they gave me the bonus sign up points and it reflects on my Chase activity + SW activity. The promos.. nottt so much. Thanks again!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Keep following up with Chase, it really is in their court or in the case of Turbo Tax it will be Turbo Tax's responsibility to report that you used the service. 

Check the terms, there may be a generous time allowed to post the credits as well, if you aren't out of that window then there won't be much for them to do. If you are out of that window, keep checking with Chase. 

If you go to the account information https://www.southwest.com/myaccount/rapid-rewards/recent-activity/details you can sort by different types to see if any of these were there and you didn't realize it.

Lastly double check that your Rapid Rewards account number is the same and that you didn't get a second RR account opened with the promo.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

First, review the terms of each promotion. Some are offered by Chase, some are offered by Southwest, some are offered by a third party. Verify the timing for the promotion, including the period for points to be deposited in your RR account. Then, if you're sure you've qualified, contact the company who offered the promotion.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@chgoflyer wrote:

First, review the terms of each promotion. Some are offered by Chase, some are offered by Southwest, some are offered by a third party. Verify the timing for the promotion, including the period for points to be deposited in your RR account. Then, if you're sure you've qualified, contact the company who offered the promotion.

Good point. Not all offers are from Chase.

Shaliseg
Explorer B

chgoflyer,

Thanks! Unfortunately, I've done all of the above. Just playing the follow up game w/ Chase & now TurboTax.

Shaliseg
Explorer B

Thanks DancingDavidE,

Great point, I hadn't considered following up with turbo tax. I've checked recent-activity, that's actually when it dawned on me I was getting my points. I've checked the terms along w/ a SW rep and they too couldn't explain why I hadn't gotten them yet. Also have verified they have the right RR number as other points are being earned like the promo for opening up the account + the bonus for spending xx amount of $. I appreciate the feedback, I have followed up with them & awaiting for them to follow up again. 

jksobonya
Aviator A
Solution

Are you sure all of these are through Chase?

I have seen the Turbo Tax Rapid Rewards offer before - I get e-mailed the offer every year -  there are a certain series of steps to follow to obtain the points, a few being: you have to file during a specific time frame, and you have to click a specific link to be eligible for the points (through Rapid Rewards Shopping).

The relevant terms for this year's Turbo Tax bonus are below: 

Terms and Conditions:

TurboTax
The 1,000 Rapid Rewards® bonus points can only be earned by filing an online federal tax return (filing must be made between Wednesday, January 2, 2019, and Monday, April 15, 2019, after clicking through this offer on Rapid Rewards Shopping® and logging in to be eligible (the "Bonus Period"). TurboTax Online Federal Products qualifying for 1,000 Rapid Rewards bonus points are the 2018 online version of TurboTax Free Edition, TurboTax Deluxe, TurboTax Premier, TurboTax Self-Employed, and TurboTax Live. This Rapid Rewards bonus points offer may not be combined with any other product or offer from TurboTax, limit one (1) bonus redemption per Rapid Rewards® account number. Eligible only after a tax year 2018 completed federal tax return is filed during the Bonus Period. Federal tax filings made using TurboTax CDs, TurboTax Free File Program, downloaded products, or in-app purchases are not eligible for the bonus offer. Please allow up to eight weeks from the date of your qualified federal tax filing for your Rapid Rewards account to be credited with 1,000 Rapid Rewards bonus points. 

--------------------

--Jessica

Shaliseg
Explorer B

jksobonya,

Thank you! You are right, it did use the shopping button and that activity is in a completely separate category. So I did get the TurboTax bonus (just verified). Now the chase ones.. not so much. Appreciate it! One less battle to fight lol.