Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Trouble receiving TQPs from Chase spend

sillyredn3k
Explorer C

I hit $10K in spend on the Chase RR Visa two billing statements ago but no TQPs have been transferred over. I called Chase and got the typical less than stellar service, claiming that all points had been transferred. The person on the phone had no clue what the difference was.

Called Southwest...and was surprised to get some iffy customer service there as well. They were really just toggling the activity tabs in my account just like I do and weren't helpful. The agent also stated they had not received any calls of this nature, which I find hard to believe in the month of December when folks are trying to renew A-list.

Any advice? Also, do any of you hardcore track the timing of spend vs. statement vs. TQPs arriving from Chase?

The only quirk I can think of is that we upgraded the card earlier this year so may not have hit $10K on the new card...but the benefit was the same on the old....you can understand my headache! 🙂

Happy Holidays!

12/15/2018 Update. After sending in a customer service request (online) to Chase, I received a reply about 2 days later indicating everything had been resolved!

-k

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Trouble receiving TQPs from Chase spend

dfwskier
Aviator A

@sillyredn3k wrote:

I hit $10K in spend on the Chase RR Visa two billing statements ago but no TQPs have been transferred over. I called Chase and got the typical less than stellar service, claiming that all points had been transferred. The person on the phone had no clue what the difference was.

The only quirk I can think of is that we upgraded the card earlier this year so may not have hit $10K on the new card...but the benefit was the same on the old....you can understand my headache! 🙂

Happy Holidays!

-k

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Chase is going to have to be the one that fixes this for you.

Southwest only adds points when Chase tells it to. It has no access to your account or spend history.

The two parts of your originl post  snipped seem to indicate that even you are unsure of whether you have hit $10k in spending on the new card. I suspect that Chase treats two different cards as just that different cards with two different spending thresholds.. I don't know that for a fact.

You could go to your chase account and look at past statements on the new card to verify whether or not you've spent $10k..

You can look at a 1 year history of points activity in your southwest account to determine when Chase adds points in comparison to statement dates. You get there by logging on to your Southwest account, clicking on my account, and under my rapid rewardss clicking on recent activity.

Re: Trouble receiving TQPs from Chase spend

sillyredn3k
Explorer C

I appreciate the insight. I am starting to wonder if my spend reset with the upgrade to the Priority card. Unfortunately I didn't use my SW card much last year so I actually have no baseline for the timing on TQPs. 

Sent a written service request into Chase. They have forwarded it to the "appropriate department" and will get back to me. I'll let everyone know how it shakes out!