Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Upgraded boarding question with priority card

SumEMT
Explorer C

The language is a bit confusing... I just upgraded to the priority card today,f the premier card, which I've had over 4 years.  Do I have to wait until my next anniversary year in order to get the upgraded boarding benefit? Or can I use that benefit immediately? I have a trip coming up in October. I'm wondering if I'll be able to upgrade our boarding at that time, using this benefit. 

Thanks for the help!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Upgraded boarding question with priority card

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@SumEMT wrote:

The language is a bit confusing... I just upgraded to the priority card today,f the premier card, which I've had over 4 years.  Do I have to wait until my next anniversary year in order to get the upgraded boarding benefit? Or can I use that benefit immediately? I have a trip coming up in October. I'm wondering if I'll be able to upgrade our boarding at that time, using this benefit. 

Thanks for the help!

I think you get it per year, so immediately, and then it refreshes (use it or lose it) by this time next year on your 1st anniversary.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Upgraded boarding question with priority card

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

I concur with @DancingDavidE, and it will be the same with your $75 Southwest annual travel credit.  You could book a flight immediately when you receive your new card and the travel credit should automatically post to your credit card account within a short time period of when the ticket charge posts to your account..

Customer | Home airport DCA