Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

When do I get my credit card sign up bonus?

kpbollock
Explorer C

I signed up for a personal southwest card in January with the idea of getting a second one later in the year and using the sign up bonuses to get my companion pass. Well I got a business one in October and met my spending therhold in the first month. When my statement posted on Nov 23rd I got my 3,000 plus rapid rewards points, but NOT my 60K bonus points. I was supried my this, because when I got my first card in January the bonus points posted on right away. I’m afraid I won’t get my bonus points before Dec 31 thus being screwed out of my companion pass. I’ve got 90K points towards my companion pass already now. Any suggestions for how I would should handle this? Any way to get chase and or southwest to post my points before the end of the year? If not, what do you recommend?

1 REPLY 1

Re: When do I get my credit card sign up bonus?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

First, review your purchases to make sure you've reached the spending threshold, and that all charges qualify. Be aware that, among some other specific types of charges (balance transfers, cash advances, etc.) the annual fee (charged on the first statement) doesn't count.

Then, contact Chase and ask when your sign up bonus will post. The terms say to allow up to 8 weeks for bonus points to post, although it generally doesn't take that long. Assuming the bonus will post on the next credit card statement, those points should transfer to Southwest prior to the end of the year. Unfortunately, there's no guarantee, and every year we see reports from people upset because their points didn't post in time.

Good luck.