Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A-List & Fly By questions:

AvKrayez
Explorer A

This is kind of a follow up on my question last week regarding A-List material. Just for giggles I called today to inquire about A-List cards and Fly By lanes. The agent told me that they no longer issue a physical A-List card and that to use Fly By Security just my boarding pass marked as an A-List member will suffice. However on the company website it still states that only either an A-List card or Business Select boarding pass will be accepted for Fly By security.  

I was placed on hold for several minutes as the agent sought info for me as they originally were not even aware of the Fly By Security lanes (which are listed as available at a majority of the airports I frequent.)

Can anyone sort out these discrepancies? I don’t want to walk into DAL Tuesday morning and proceed under the premise of what I was told today. Thanks in advance for any additional insight. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: A-List & Fly By questions:

bec102896
Aviator A

@AvKrayez

I personally don't use the fly by lane because I have pre check but From what I have seen by other A List customers your boarding pass showing A List would let you though the fly by lane at security. At the ticket counter fly by I just say I'm A List and they let me go I haven't been asked for my A List card ever and never been questioned for proof. now days a lot of people use the self service check in so lines aren't long to check in with an agent at those airports that offer self service 

the thing to keep in mind with the fly by security lane is all airline elites (that don't have pre check/global entry) and those who buy priority security will be in the same line so it could be just as long or longer than the regular security line this may not be a problem at DAL since it's mainly SW customers but an airport like LAS or DEN  it may make a difference since most elites going to a given terminal will use the same line for security. 

hope This helps!

Blake 

AvKrayez
Explorer A

I’ve noticed that before at LAX and SAN where both lines are similar in length and both checkpoints are primarily WN passengers. Thankfully those lines typically aren’t really long though and move fairly quickly. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Morning.

The TSA Pre line normally moves a lot faster than the other lines because it involves less activity from travelers: people do not need to take out liquids in plastic bags, computers, don't have to take off shoes, do not need to remove all items from pockets,   and in some cases do not even have to take off their light jackets.

People in the fly by lanes have to do those things, and it slows the process down.