Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A-List and A-List Prefered Bonus Points... Tier Qualifying or Not?

rcoulsell
Explorer C

I did some searches of the forum, and reviewed the policy for A-List / A-List Prefered Qualification, but could not get an answer. When you reach A-List you get a 25% Rewards Point bonus on each purchase, and A-List prefered gets a 100% bonus. Are these considered Tier Qualifying?

"The following will not count toward qualification for A-List status: Rapid Rewards reward flights; Rapid Rewards Companion Pass travel; Rapid Rewards Partner points except for Tier Qualifying Points earned on the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Cards from Chase (as per the rules described below); bonus Rapid Rewards Points, unless specifically designated as such; nonrevenue travel, unless specifically designated as eligible; stops at intermediate cities on connecting or through flights; and charter flights. Tier Qualifying Points are not redeemable for travel on Southwest Airlines or through the "More Rewards" site."

1 REPLY 1

Re: A-List and A-List Prefered Bonus Points... Tier Qualifying or Not?

mannyc
Explorer B
Solution

Bonus Points do not count as Tier Qualifying. This answer comes straight from the Southwest website FAQ:

What are Tier Qualifying Points, and how do I earn them?

Tier Qualifying Points are earned from revenue flights or through the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Card from Chase. Points earned via Rapid Rewards Partners-with the exception of the Rapid Rewards Premier Card from Chase-purchased points, Bonus Points, or points earned via a promotion are not Tier Qualifying Points and do not count toward tier qualification.

Here is the link to their FAQ where I found the Q&A above:

https://www.southwest.com/html/generated/help/faqs/rapid_rewards_earning_points_faq.html