Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A-List promotion question

khwthrn
Explorer C

Just registered for the "Fly 3 rountrip flights" promotion to gain A-List status for the rest of the year.  Says after completion of registration, book and complete flights by April 30 to get A-List status.  My question is this:  I already have a few flights booked for that time frame.  Will those count, or will only flights I booked AFTER the date of registration count?

23 REPLIES 23

Re: A-List promotion question

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

From the terms and conditions:

"After completion of registration, Member must and either 1) book and complete three qualifying round trip (or six one-way) revenue flights"

and

"Valid on new reservations booked within the promotional time period only." 

khwthrn
Explorer C

I totally missed the "valid only on new...." language!  My apologies!  Thank you!

Hilaryanne
Explorer C

I disagree on this. Attached are the terms I received, and they say new flights booked within the promo period. Not booked after registration. I didn’t receive the email about the promo until the last week of February and already have 8 flights booked in the promo time frame. I read this that those will count. Thoughts? 5DB563C6-3276-4DF2-92AD-19BEFC48B167.jpeg

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Hilaryannewrote:

I disagree on this. Attached are the terms I received, and they say new flights booked within the promo period. Not booked after registration. I didn’t receive the email about the promo until the last week of February and already have 8 flights booked in the promo time frame. I read this that those will count. Thoughts? 5DB563C6-3276-4DF2-92AD-19BEFC48B167.jpeg

"Valid on new reservations booked during the promotional period" - so I would interpret this to exclude flights booked outside of the promotional period....but it sounds like you had actually booked the flights during this time, just without having been offered the special when you did so?

I'm an engineer so I follow the flow like water through a pipe which was register, then book, but I can see your argument that it doesn't quite specify that the order of those two was important.

How many flights were you short last year? I think their intention is to let people close a gap of a few flights...were you that close?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Hilaryanne
Explorer C

I have had A-list for 8 years and missed by two flights last year, so your targeting idea must be right on. I’m thinking I have a case to discuss with SWA based on the language. Ha! Loved your, “I’m an engineer...” line. I’m a marketer, so my brain went the exact other way. Hilarious! 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @Hilaryanne,

Moderator here - I can offer some clarification. For a flight to qualify, you have to register for the promotion, then book the flight. Flights booked prior to being registered for the promotion will not count. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

If Lindsey's comment is indeed correct, I'd recommend contacting a lawyer, as the terms absolutely do not spell out that qualification (unlike most -- if not all -- other Southwest promotions.)

Good luck.

Pexpo
Explorer C

I flew 3 round trips with in the required dates but was told since I booked one flight before I registered for the promotion it did not count. If I was told that before I would have simply rebooked my flight. I missed my a list last year by 1900 miles. Seems southwest is looking for ways to lose customers. No wonder the stock price is tanking. Very poor customer service. 

Acrostar007
Explorer C

Same thing happened to me.  Total BS..   Used to really like Southwest but again service not there.  What harm is it to allow some people who should have received it to get it.  I'll be choosing other airlines now in my personal/business travel.  

Alleigiant here I come...