Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: A-List promotion question

Susanb
Explorer C

I received this promotion as well but even though I flew the required three flights they have not qualified as they were booked prior to 1/29/18 (so much for planning ahead).  After getting clarification on that from a CSR I understand that (don't like it, but I understand )

What I can't seem to get an answer on is why I didn't qualify on points posted to my account from our SW credit card...well over the 8750 that the promo states.  Any answers out there? Perhaps because I don't have the "premier" card or some of the points are for the flights booked prior to 1/29 using the credit card.  Kinda confused here. 

Another annoying thing is when I booked a flight today for May I can't add early boarding because I'm marked as A-list, even though it's going to expire at the end of April. I'm assuming I won't really get a-list for that flight and if I have to wait to add it May 1st (4 days before my travel) I'll end up in the "b" crowd anyway.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Susanb, you didn't qualify for this promotion based on points from credit card because the points have to come from flying, not purchases.  Here's the fine print from the promotion:

"earn 8,750 from revenue flights booked and flown between January 29, 2018 and April 30, 2018"

The key phrase there is revenue flights.

Did you fly 3 additional (newly booked) round trips to qualify?  The other option with promotions like this is to cancel existing reservations and rebook them after registering for the promotion, although rebooking may be at a higher price.

Yes, your inability to add EBCI is becuase you are currently considered A-List and that option is not available to A-List members.  You will need to wait until your A-List expires then add EBCI if you still want it.  With only 4 days remaining before the flight I probably wouldn't suggest EBCI at that point unless you will be unable to check-in exactly at 24 hours prior to departure.

--TheMiddleSeat

Allen913
Explorer C

Well I signed up and just was told I made my qualifying reservation 6 days before signing up for the promotion so no A-status for me. Thats life but will probably fly other airlines more often now as assigned seats are little less cumbersome during travel.than paying money to upgrade positions in line.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Allen913 wrote:

Well I signed up and just was told I made my qualifying reservation 6 days before signing up for the promotion so no A-status for me. Thats life but will probably fly other airlines more often now as assigned seats are little less cumbersome during travel.than paying money to upgrade positions in line.

Well Allen, the rules are pretty clear, you must sign up for the deal AND THEN book any fly between two dates. If you are still between the dates, you could still book and fly -- as long as that is within the calendar period.

If not, sorry that you missed out on A-List. Maybe you'll be offered another deal in the future. Just be sure you understand the deal.