Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

‘A’ List

Jojeff
Explorer C

If I am an ‘A’ list member, why did I check in for my flight and get B1?  Don’t mean to sound entitled, just wondering.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: ‘A’ List

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Jojeff wrote:

If I am an ‘A’ list member, why did I check in for my flight and get B1?  Don’t mean to sound entitled, just wondering.

Did you recently attain status? It's possible that your status wasn't automatically applied to your itinerary, if that flight was booked prior to your receiving A-List. If so, give Customer Relations a call and they'll manually update any existing flights. 

Also, fyi: Any A-Lister who receives a non-A boarding position for whatever reason can always board at the end of the A-group. (For future reference, I realize this isn't much help to you right now.) 

Re: ‘A’ List

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

@Jojeff

There are some flights that are used as commuting flights, so even as an A-Lister, I would get Bs at times.  A flight might be full of A-Listers (and at times, there might be over 45 on the same flight).

as @chgoflyer mentioned, you can always board when they call for family and A-Listers who have not yet boarded. So basically, you can be A-61 versus B-1.  Sometimes if I have a B boarding pass, I even line up behind A-60 rather than standing in the family boarding area. The advantage there is picking a potentially quieter spot on the plane. (Orlando FL is the typical airport where I do that because family boarding area can be crowded.  I am still in line at the spot at which I am supposed to board, so gate agents have not yet complained though I have had to wait until they make the announcement.)

Safe and fun travels in the future to you.