Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A list preferred and Credit card points-Very disappointed

Teddyz
Explorer C

Ok so I had this discussion in another post and some people gave me some great advice. I called Chase Visa and confirmed how many points I had remaining to earn, and that if I earned them by spending $10,000 on the november bill that posts Dec 20th I'd be fine. I spent enough to earn 4500 points, and with some remaining full price travel got myself up to only 630 points shy of A list preffered status! So my last 4500 points would take me over the top!

Only, now I'm getting the runaround about when those points might post on the account, and its starting to make me VERY nervous. Even though I called on 4-5 seperate occasions before this occured, now all of a sudden no one knows. Can anybody PLEASE help me? Is there anyone at southwest that reads these discussion boards?

I've been a blindingly loyal customer for 14 years. All I really want is what I earned this time, for the first time ever. Is there anybody who knows what I can do to make sure the tier points I earned from Chase Visa for this year post for this year? 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: A list preferred and Credit card points-Very disappointed

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

What is your Dec credit card due date?  My due date was Dec 22nd and the points posted to my Rapid Rewards account on Dec 26th.  Those points got me to the Companion Pass for 2017.

Good Luck! 

Teddyz
Explorer C

The regular points did post, on Dec 21st. Unfortunately the tier ones have not, and no one seems to be able to assure me now that they will indeed post correctly and in time. 

franktravel
Aviator B

I would suggest that you log into you Rapid Rewards account and look at your point details for tier qualifying.  My credit card posted 6 times this year (1500 points) and they all posted within the first 8 days of the month.

Not sure if it's the same for you.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @Teddyz,

I'm sorry you've had some trouble getting a straight answer about the status of your Rapid Rewards account. I recommend contacting our Customer Relations Department at 1-855-234-4654 where one of our Representatives can take a look and give you some clarification. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Did you get it?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

roserandi
Explorer C

Did you get it?  

nashhorn
Explorer C

I hate to tell you this but my understanding is that 'bought' points, ie, those from the credit card expenditures are not credited for 'tier' status. In other words, they will count for points toward flight rewards, and for companion pass (which is good) but not for A, or A preferred status (which is not good). Wish I was wrong but I believe that to be the case. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@nashhorn wrote:

I hate to tell you this but my understanding is that 'bought' points, ie, those from the credit card expenditures are not credited for 'tier' status. In other words, they will count for points toward flight rewards, and for companion pass (which is good) but not for A, or A preferred status (which is not good). Wish I was wrong but I believe that to be the case. 

No, this is incorrect.

A-List tier qualifying points can also be earned from the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier card.

From the website:

A Member who has a Rapid Rewards Premier Card from Chase will earn 1,500 Tier Qualifying Points for every $10,000 in eligible net purchases on that card, up to 15,000 Tier Qualifying Points per year.

Esteban
Explorer A

I'm pretty sure they dont count toward companion pass 

@nashhorn wrote: