Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: A list preferred and Credit card points-Very disappointed

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Esteban wrote:

I'm pretty sure they dont count toward companion pass 

I'm not sure which points you're referencing.

Basically, there are three kinds of RR points.

1) Regular RR points: These are earned from flying, partner transactions, bonuses... basically any point you earn through any method. These are valid to be redeemed for travel on Southwest (and some other options through More Rewards if you have the RR Visa card). These points expire if you have no earning activity on your account after 2 years.

2) Companion Pass Tier Qualifying Points: This is a subset of all regular points. It includes base points only earned from travel or partner activity (not bonus points), plus points earned from the RR Visa card, including bonus points. The counter for these points resets to zero on Dec. 31 each year. Redeeming any regular points does not affect this counter.

3) A-List Tier Qualifying Points: This is an even smaller subset of all regular points -- only the base points earned from travel on Southwest.

PLUS -- if you have the RR Premier Card -- you can earn 1,500 A-List Tier Qualifying Points for every $10,000 in eligible net purchases on that card, up to 15,000 A-list Tier Qualifying Points per year. These additional points are a separate counter and not added to your regular point total, do not count towards Companion Pass, and are not redeemable.

The counter for these points resets to zero on Dec. 31 each year. Redeeming any regular points does not affect this counter.

Re: A list preferred and Credit card points-Very disappointed

Esteban
Explorer A

What I meant to say is that "bought" points - so points you actually buy, don't count toward companion pass.