Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Action Based Bonus??

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Any idea what this is?

E7C26A3E-E3D0-4FD7-90A6-C229826D4DE8.jpeg

Never seen this description for points activity before. This was a day that I flew, but I can’t understand if/how it is related to my flight. 

I’m always happy to see ANY points though! Thoughts??

-A List, Companion Pass holder
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Action Based Bonus??

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Looks like you registered for some promotion?

A similar thing I found had verbiage like this, "Earn 500 Bonus Points for every 2,000 points earned from two or more unique Partner purchases. A maximum of 4,000 Bonus Points can be earned".

So after earning points with a hotel and car rental you got a bonus of Southwest RR points.  The amounts in your account are a bit strange, but perhaps yours was a percentage of something?

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

That's interesting never seen that description before.

haven't seen any promotional emails from rapid rewards dining or shopping and nothing for flights so maybe you just got lucky and got free points or maybe out had an action from a credit card purchase that would be my guess like a buy this get a bonus. 

Blake 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@elijahbrantley it looks like these are bonus points you're receiving for corporate travel. 

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Gotcha...I do book my SW flights for work now through SWABiz.  Maybe that is doing it! @LindseyD

-A List, Companion Pass holder

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I just got one for flying this week, but I didn't use SWABiz. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

gsking
Aviator C

I'm pretty sure that is a credit card bonus.   I just got mine,  likely from a 20% bonus for all charges from October through January, or something like that. 

There's another one going on now, in Promotions. 

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

@elijahbrantley,

I have not seen that description posting before either.  If you find out, let us know.  

My 'other" points such as the Community Coffee promotions show as "Points Received from Business".

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

@elijahbrantley, I have to make a correction.  I received an "Action Based Bonus" in August of 2017, and I have no memory of why it was received, so I am still no help.  It was not a flight day for me, and it was a rounded number ending in 00 versus the entries into your account.

Drclevenger
Explorer C

I have the same question. I receive a very specific number if “action based bonus” points of 3,624. This is in addition to the posting of points from my credit card statement that included individual bonuses on internet purchased, Rapid Rewards partner, Southwest Travel. The only thing I think it could be are the 25% bonus on all credit card purchases associated with A-List membership. But I can’t re-calculate the number of bonus points by applying 25% to any number I see on any statement.. But if this isn’t the 25% bonus, I don’t know what ir is.