Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Amazon gifts cards no longer option

Joekrajewski
Explorer C

Why did they remove Amazon gift cards from the southwest Rapid Rewards website?  I typically use my points for gift cards and generally chose Amazon. Will they ever return?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Amazon gifts cards no longer option

dfwskier
Aviator A

When you use your points to buy any "non Southwest things" you are not doing so from Southwest, but from another company called More Rewards

bec102896
Aviator A

As another customer I am not sure if/when Amazon gift cards will return to the more rewards site. With the current situation maybe they sold out of amazon gift cards. 

As of now the best thing to do is check back on the site later in case they get restocked. 

As a side note you will get a better value using your points on flights rather than gift cards. 

-Blake 

Visitor200
Explorer B

Amazon will probably no longer participate. The corona virus has affected Amazon to where they have cancelled several of their programs to concentrate only on "essential" health items, not any of the non-essentials - such as movies, electronics, ets - even though some of those items are in stock.  I also noticed Amazon and Walmart have both stopped participating in cash back sites where you could get 5% off.  So, I have gone through all of the other remaining gift cards SW has to offer, and I can still buy some specific items at specific stores, which means I have to redeem more cards than just the one Amazon to get what I want.

jryan
Explorer C

have to agree that this really stinks, can't travel and the majority of the options available are for restaurants that up until recently have been closed.  I was planning a larger purchase with some of my rewards through Amazon.  

Looks like it's time to switch to a different rewards program credit card.  

BraveHeart
Explorer C

Yes... during the pandemic, Amazon stopped drawing its gift cards, and it's sad. I managed to win five Amazon gift cards totaling $ 500 / Do you agree that the amount is average? So I can order the goods I need without any problems, but now, unfortunately, because there are no more opportunities to get a gift card, I do not order goods. The fact is that the prices for some products are enormous and it remains to wait for discounts on them. Recently I needed to purchase a scale, and until I found an intelligent scale at an affordable price, several days have passed. I do not know how to be in such situations... What do you recommend?