Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Angry

Dmartin808
Explorer C

I recently booked a flight for my self and my husband who has a companion pass. We were told not just once but twice that we would earn 22,940 points towards our 2018 preferred status and companion pass and would have enough points from this trip to receive the programs for 2018.  

Just now I called because those points were not deposited and we are still short of the point requirement  and was told sorry she was wrong. This is not right - I was lied or mislead unfairly. If the agent was trained properly I would not feel like I got screwed by Southwest. No one has tried to make this right.  As a business traveler I will most likely look to move my business somewhere else in 2018.  Totally unfair. If she had told us correctly we would have booked accordingly and I would not feel like Southwest misleads their customers

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Angry

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I'm not sure what it is you're saying. If you'd like help, can you try to clarify?

Points from flights don't post until after the flight is taken.

Where were these 22,940 points coming from?

Re: Angry

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Something is missing - to earn 22,940 points on a flight, even if it was business select, would cost $1,912...I've never seen a round-trip on Southwest that would be that high, assuming that you used the companion pass for the other ticket.

22,940 does sound like a more common amount of points to redeem for a flight...Does your account show that you used points to book this trip instead of added them?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.