Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Anybody else miffed with NOT getting the A-List emails?

VASHFORD
Explorer C

Well, the colleague I mentioned did follow the instructions to a tee and achieved A-List in Mid-March, which he so happily shows me his boarding passes, so I can send him frowning emojis.

Glad for him, but still would like the opp'y to do the same. 

Let's start a email revolution!  Anybody wit me? Man Surprised

major
Adventurer C

I think you have to log in to your account, and be in the account details screen in order to see the promotions.  If SWA is going to take the approach you mention then i would hope they would give you some type of notice when you log in that you should check for promotions.  

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@major wrote:

I think you have to log in to your account, and be in the account details screen in order to see the promotions.  If SWA is going to take the approach you mention then i would hope they would give you some type of notice when you log in that you should check for promotions.  

Most promotions are targeted.

Targeted means that they are sent to specific customers, based on some formula known only to Southwest.

Logging in and checking the Promotions tab will only show you those promotions that have been assigned to your account.

VASHFORD
Explorer C

@chgoflyer wrote:

@major wrote:

Targeted means that they are sent to specific customers, based on some formula known only to Southwest.

Logging in and checking the Promotions tab will only show you those promotions that have been assigned to your account.

I know, which is precisely why I'm miffed. I'd like them to "extend" their target when it comes to those special emails for A-List. Yesterday, I received another "Victoria tell all your friends and family about the SW Visa (because I use mine a lot) and get up to 50,000 pts", yada, yada, yada. email/promo.  Years back I happily did so, but no more. I'd like to get in on the A-List bandwagon and NOT be constantly solicited to get CHASE BANK NEW CUSTOMERS. :-{

That's there job, not mine!!!!!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@VASHFORD wrote:

@chgoflyer wrote:

@major wrote:

I know, which is precisely why I'm miffed. I'd like them to "extend" their target when it comes to those special emails for A-List. Yesterday, I received another "Victoria tell all your friends and family about the SW Visa (because I use mine a lot) and get up to 50,000 pts", yada, yada, yada. email/promo.  Years back I happily did so, but no more. I'd like to get in on the A-List bandwagon and NOT be constantly solicited to get CHASE BANK NEW CUSTOMERS. :-{

That's there job, not mine!!!!!

Understood. My reply was to the person I quoted. 😉