Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

B46 Boarding - No Family Boarding

Mommytravels555
Explorer C

My child JUST turned 7 years old three weeks ago. I completely forgot about checking in early, because we got so used to family boarding for so many years. I checked in about 80 min. after the check-in window open and got B46. I'm so afraid that we won't get an empty row for all three of us to sit together. I'm kicking myself for not purchasing early-bird. Trying to save $45 and now I'm panicking... What are our options? I can't add early-bird anymore. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: B46 Boarding - No Family Boarding

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

You could buy an upgraded boarding at the gate for $30-$50 per flight (cost varies by route) 

You could also try doing family boarding and hope no one will say anything as they don't always ask how old a child is (unless the child looks much older than 6) being just 3 weeks over 6 years old I don't think you would have a problem. If you have a return flight you could add EB check in to that now so you wont have this problem on the way back. 

-Blake 

Mommytravels555
Explorer C

Do you think I can purchase upgrade for my husband so he can go in early and save a row for us and we board during B group? I can't afford $150 to upgrade all three of us. 

bec102896
Aviator A

Yes you can upgrade just your husband and have him save a row for you as there is no saving seats policy. I would go back behind the Exit row though that way he's less likely to have a rude person say its an open seat I'm sitting there. 

Also the Upgraded boarding gets him in the A1-15 group and is only available if they didn't sell out of the business select tickets which usually get those spots in line. 

-Blake 

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

Would B46 be high enough to get 2 seats together? You could fly with your child and your husband could sit separately. I don't see how that would be a great hardship. My wife flew with our 6 year old daughter to Bahrain and back in March, and I flew with her to Capetown (connecting in Doha) with my daughter in June. Those are much further trips than anything SWA does, and no one was hurt by the lack of a second parent.