Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Bait and Switch on Chase Southwest Credit Card

chgoflyer
Top Contributor
@Daautry1965 wrote:

Bullcrap to the response telling Sonya that there was never a promotion offering what she claimed.  In fact, @sonyakym and I were scammed by the EXACT SAME ADVERT. $200 in statement credit AND 40,000 points after spending $1k on purchases within the first 3 months.  I saw it and my wife saw it too!

Of course I was met with the exact same crap from Chase...   "too late, can't change it now, never offered it" blah, blah, blah

I've already contacted a group of class action attorneys who seem very interested in this after reading this forum.  I've saved all posts here as well as posts at other forums such as CA and BBB.

Now, I don't know who @chgoflyer is, but they seem like a 'fixer' here for Chase trying to do damage control. I don't know, so I certainly won't call BS on them.  BUT, If so, You may want to let your leadership know they need to prepare to lose some $$$ here. I'm pissed and motivated.

All I want is what I was offered.

Unfortunately, no.

That offer never existed.

There are multiple forums on the internet where people obsessively discuss credit card offers, and many specific to Chase and/or Southwest. And every single offer for the Southwest card is posted and discussed at length.

Is it reasonable to assume that, if an offer actually existed, it would have been seen by and/or made available to more than just two people?

You can't be given an offer that never existed.

In order to move forward with any legal action, you would need to prove that such an offer existed. Right now, I can search the internet and find proof in the form of screenshots and references to multiple other Southwest credit card offers. There is nothing referencing the one you mention.

FYI: I'm just another Southwest customer. I do not work for Southwest nor Chase.

DancingDavidE
Top Contributor

@Daautry1965 wrote:

Now, I don't know who @chgoflyer is, but they seem like a 'fixer' here for Chase 

If you read all of his postings you'll see that he is not a fixer for Southwest or Chase, but you will see many  postings that are full of facts.

Do what you have to do if you have saved your documentation, but I would re-read it carefully to be sure that there wasn't a misunderstanding of the terms.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.
Highlighted

DfDrPepper_23

@sonyakym 

If I were you, I won't bother applying this account. it is not legit doing it so.

Daautry1965
New Arrival

Sonya, I was scammed with the exact same ad.  I saw it and my wife saw it too.  Reach out to me if you get this.  I'm just bored enough and with enough time on my hands to file against Chase here.

GhostC6
New Arrival

They did this to me in a similar way. When I applied for my new account they said I would get $200 if I spend $500 in the first three months. I asked them about this and they said that I do not get that offer. I showed them a screen shot of where it showed that offer when I applied but yet they said I do not get it. SO they advertise you get it but then not give it to you. Lucky for me I checked before I started spending to get the bonus. So, I can use the cards that are offering the bonuses.

Complete bait and switch and illegal!

NicoleAshley Employee
Employee

Southwest Airlines is widely regarded as being an ethical Company, and we make a concerted effort to ensure that Customers are fully aware of the terms and conditions associated with both our advertisements and those of our Partners. Can you please share a screenshot of the offer you're referring to so I can look into what might be going on?

Nicole
Community Manager

chemojay
New Arrival

Unfortunately in my case when I signed up for the card 4 months ago I had no inclination that I would need to screen shot my offer because I have never had such issues with proportionals for this kind of product. 

I am pretty darn positive it was linked many places on SlickDeals.com at the time. I will have to go back and see if I have it saved. 

chemojay
New Arrival

https://slickdeals.net/f/13056358-southwest-rapid-rewards-plus-premier-priority-credit-cards-60k-poi...

This is the deal I signed up for. It is dated at the bottom 5-2-19

This is when and what I signed up for. I used the Slickdeals link and thankfully they archive the deals!! 

We would all appreciate any help with this. At the time this offer was made on all Rewards cards. 

dfwskier
Rising Star

@chemojay wrote:

https://slickdeals.net/f/13056358-southwest-rapid-rewards-plus-premier-priority-credit-cards-60k-poi...

This is the deal I signed up for. It is dated at the bottom 5-2-19

This is when and what I signed up for. I used the Slickdeals link and thankfully they archive the deals!! 

We would all appreciate any help with this. At the time this offer was made on all Rewards cards. 

Many people get confused and think they are signing up for one card (and one set of bonus points), but end up mistakenly signing up for a second one. That's the problem with Chase offering several different products at one time.

Your own words at 3:37 (about  three posts up) says you signed up for a 40k point offer, but your link refers to a 60k point offer.

Chase controls it's promotions. So Chase needs to fix any problems. You'll need to go back to Chase and be insistent on what you signed up for (providing the link above if that's what you think you signed up for). Chase has been known to make these changes.

Be aware that if the offer you got gave you money, and the one you are trying to get does not, that Chase will take back the money.

chemojay
New Arrival

You are correct. The slick deals link is where I started, but I am fairly certain that I ended up with a 200 back and 40,000 after spending $2000 promotion after clicking on the slick deals link. 

I cannot find that link so I guess it's really no use at this point. I did get 200 credit and enough points for 1 ticket. Although it should have gotten all of them I needed for my trip. 

Kinda puts a bad taste in my mouth though.