Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Booking All-Inclusive Hotel with Rapid Rewards Points

shan525
Explorer C

Hello!

Has anyone used their Rapid Rewards points to book an all-inclusive hotel? I have accumulated enough points to book a 4 or 5 star all-inclusive resort through Rapid Rewards, but want to make sure it is legitimate. Have you had any issues? Any insight or experience is appreciated!

Shannon

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Booking All-Inclusive Hotel with Rapid Rewards Points

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@shan525 I can't offer any personal experience here, but I have booked other travel needs through Southwest, such as rental cars.  I would argue that most folks book all inclusive vacations through only travel agencies are booking sites, and booking through SW would be similar.

I would not have any concerns as long as you are booking through SW's vacations site.

Enjoy!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

shan525
Explorer C

Thank you @elijahbrantley! I agree in that everything else from Southwest is reliable so this should be too. I am assuming the reason I cannot find a lot of reviews is that this is not the best value for redeeming points, so most people do not utilize this feature. However, the majority of my points are from corporate travel, so I am looking to use them to pay for the entirety of the vacation.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Glad to hear you know it isn't necessarily the best point redemption value, but I always say to each his own.  Use your points how they can bring the best value to you!

Have fun!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@shan525 wrote:

Thank you @elijahbrantley! I agree in that everything else from Southwest is reliable so this should be too. I am assuming the reason I cannot find a lot of reviews is that this is not the best value for redeeming points, so most people do not utilize this feature. However, the majority of my points are from corporate travel, so I am looking to use them to pay for the entirety of the vacation.

One caveat: I don't have any personal experience, but based on comments I've seen posted I would advise you to keep in mind that, despite any marketing connection with Southwest, you're actually booking via a completely separate 3rd-party company, with it's own terms and conditions. And that, should you encounter any issues, Southwest will only direct you back to that company for resolution.

rebekahharringt
Explorer C

Did you use your points to book a resort? if so, how was the experience? Do you know how many points on average is costs to book a resort? or does it depend on the cost of the specific resort? I know I should just call the resort booking number...