Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Booking a Companion pass

Sfarrell8
Explorer C

Can anyone explain to me how to book a companion pass?  I'm a rooky!  THANKS!!!

Stephanie K. Farrell
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Booking a Companion pass

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

You need to have your flight booked first. Log into your Rapid Reward account and when the flight you booked is listed in up coming flights you should see add "companion"

Good Luck! 

lbess
Explorer C

When I add my companion, the "oops" error show I have not designated his gender.  Yet, there is no way to add/edit or fill in the blank.  Help?

franktravel
Aviator B

Your best bet is to call on the phone 1800-435-9792.  When you have the RR of your Companion it makes it easy. 

Gruene
Explorer C

Why should it be so difficult to book a companion pass? The website doesn't help. I've been on here 30 minutes trying to figure this out. Frustrating and disappointing. Thumbs down to the website.

UGH>

So I have to book the flight first? Do I get a refund fo my companion? Doesn't make sense. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@Gruene wrote:

Why should it be so difficult to book a companion pass? The website doesn't help. I've been on here 30 minutes trying to figure this out. Frustrating and disappointing. Thumbs down to the website.

UGH>

So I have to book the flight first? Do I get a refund fo my companion? Doesn't make sense. 

Sorry you're having difficulty -- the process is really quite easy.

Book the flight for the Companion Pass holder first, making sure they are either logged into their Rapid Rewards account or their Rapid Rewards number is correctly entered (if, for example, you're booking a flight for them using your points while logged into your account).

Then the Companion Pass holder can log into their Rapid Rewards account, find the upcoming flight under My Account > My Trips, and click on "Add Companion."

Note:

-- You must designate a companion before doing so.

-- You may sometimes need to wait briefly after booking for the Add Companion link to show up. (If necessary, log out and back in.)

Good luck!