Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Booking with Points

louiesmom
Explorer C

If I book a trip with rapid rewards points and then have to cancel, do those points just go back into my rewards account?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Booking with Points

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Yes, the points will be returned to your account without any other restriction.

The fees will be saved under the confirmation number as travel funds. ($5.60 for domestic one-way.)

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

On a points booking the security fee is refundable as long as you have not made a change to the reservation prior to canceling the trip. If you did make a change to the reservation then as @DancingDavidE said the funds would be held under the confirmation number for the person who was going to be flying. The points will be returned to the account in which they came from. 

Hope this helps

Blake 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

On a points booking the security fee is refundable as long as you have not made a change to the reservation prior to canceling the trip. If you did make a change to the reservation then as @DancingDavidE said the funds would be held under the confirmation number for the person who was going to be flying. The points will be returned to the account in which they came from. 

Hope this helps

Blake 

Thanks @bec102896 I kind of remember this now - in that case make sure when it comes up that you click the right option for refund, as the website will offer travel funds as an option as well.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.