Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Bring back the beach scene credit card design!

SWSandy
Explorer B

I loved my old ‘beach scene’ sw credit card.  

Every time I used it, it was a reminder I was going on vacation....that everyday things I bought were contributing to my next vacation.   

The last couple of cards youve issued are pretty plain and boring looking.   I realized I havent really been using it much;  I have another 4 cards in my wallet that look just like it.  And I havent been vacationing as much.

I want my beach scene sw credit card design back. Just for the fun of it.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bring back the beach scene credit card design!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Are you sure you're thinking of the Southwest Rapid Rewards credit card? I've held this card in one form or another for many years, and I don't ever remember there being a beach scene version. 

SWSandy
Explorer B

Yes, it was my first sw card ...maybe 12-15 years ago.    When I first applied, I had my choice of 3 or 4 designs.   Maybe it was special for new applications.   One was a tropical beach scene with a rainbow and a sw airplane flying through the clouds - the card I chose - beautiful 4 color.    I think the second choice was big ben or some other place.      Then there was a plain card choice like we have now (bor-ing!). 

I had that beachy card for a long time and then one day they sent me a hideous orange and blue one... the next one after that was toned down a bit and more blue - now they've sent me a grey one.        

The SW card should sing, ‘we’re gonna have fun flying places on Southwest!’    Its like carrying a vision board in my wallet.   You would think theyd want to dangle that ‘fun vacation’ imagery in front of us all the time - like on our credit card.    

This is their  chance to remind us , every time we buy  something, how much we like vacations, and flying southwest.    Please join me in encouraging SW to bring back the beach scene credit card design.   They were so dang pretty.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I'm certain that Big Ben was never on the Southwest Rapid Rewards credit card. 😉

I think you may be thinking of another card. Chase has has never offered a choice of designs for the Southwest credit card.

Southwest only began service to the tropics in 2014, when it added service to Aruba, Jamaica and the Bahamas, after purchasing AirTran.

SWSandy
Explorer B

Sorry, I never said there was a big ben card.  I said it was big ben or someplace else - might have been some big tower in pittsburgh for all I know or care.  We’re talking about the beach scene card. 

I have only had 4 credit cards so I know which one it was.  It was Southwest.   It was in the initial card offer that we got to choose which card design we wanted - my very 1st sw card.   I know it was a sw card because when they sent me the ugly replacement I called SW and complained.

You are missing the whole point.   Seems you are really hung up trying to disprove or figure out what year sw had a beach scene card (why are you so fixated on the tropics?).  Have you never been to Florida and seen a palm tree?  California?  Maybe south Georgia?      Southern Alabama, Mississippi, Texas?    There are palm trees and beaches all over the southern continental US.

Anyway, if finding the old card is hanging you up, and taking you away from the point of my message in the first place, why dont you just put it through as a request for a credit card with a beach scene, palm tree, sw plane flying theough the clouds.  Something that reminds us we’re planning for a vacation.    

Thank you.

SWSandy
Explorer B

The beach scene design was offered in a special promo for new card applications in 2008 or 2009 when you offered the Rapid Rewards card - it was my first sw credit card.  

When sw switched over to plus cards, they stopped offering different card designs.

Point is my first sw card was a beach scene w a sw airplane flying through the clouds.  Please look up new sw card promo mailers from 2008-2009 (if they save a history of them)  if youre curious and you may find it.  I keep only 4 credit cards so Im not confusing it with another card.

I would like sw to consider allowing us to choose a beach credit card design.   Might you please  forward that suggestion to them?  It encourages use of the card, and vacationing on sw, much like a vision board keeps our goals in sight.

thank you

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I don't work for Southwest. 😉 And this isn't actually a direct customer support channel -- it's a customer-to-customer forum. Your best bet would be to use the online fom on the website under "Contact Us."

Here's a pic of a Southwest credit card from around that time. I know they've frequently used beaches in their marketing, but haven't ever seen a special edition of the credit card. Although I think that's a great idea -- I'd love to see different versions made available.

southwest-credit-card.gif

SWSandy
Explorer B

Sorry I thought you were a sw employee :-}

The card I had may have been just a test promotion.   Oh well, thanks for agreeing it might be nice to have a little variety :-).  I was hoping to create a kittle customer enthusiasm for a more fun design.

Ill take your suggestion about using the contact us link.

Have a great day!