Welcome to the Rapid Rewards Board.
Share knowledge about the Rapid Rewards
Program and learn from others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Business Card vs Personal Card - Preferential treatment to business customer on posting points

travelnut
New Arrival

Hi all:

I applied and received both a business and personal SWA credit card throught chase.  I followed the process carefully and  received my bonus points for the business card a few days after my statement close in January.   Not so with the personal card even the statement close was a few days earlier than the business card.

The personal card still has not posted the bonus points and I was told that it can take 6-8 weeks.

I was hoping to use my companion pass asap.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Why is  the points for the business card posted immediately - but SWA takes 6-8 weeks for the personal card.

Seems business card holders are getting better treatment.

4 REPLIES

Re: Business Card vs Personal Card - Preferential treatment to business customer on posting points

franktravel
Rising Star

It's all on the Chase Credit Card side,  They are the ones who send over the points to Southwest Airlines to post. 

Re: Business Card vs Personal Card - Preferential treatment to business customer on posting points

travelnut
New Arrival

Chase has sent over the miles.  I checked but they are not posted on SWA even though the close date of the state was a few days earlier than the business card.

travelnut
New Arrival

Chase has sent over the miles.  I checked  and it says they have been transferred to SWA but they are not posted on MY RAPID REWARDS even though the close date of the billing was a few days earlier than the business card.  The business card points posted right away. HMMMM

UPDATE

travelnut
New Arrival

Just  learned this is a know "problem"at SWA.  Any points awarded with a statement date of January 1 or 2, have not received points.  They are "working on a technical"problem.

Seems statement close dates of January 3 or beyond are ok.