Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Business Credit Card

mkblinzler
Explorer C

I have a small business and am looking at getting a SW business credit card. If I get the card now and earn the 60k in miles it goes toward the 110k but I would have to earn the balance in miles/reward spending by 12/31/17 for the Companion Pass. Correct?

If so, isn't it better for me to apply for the card in January 2018?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Business Credit Card

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Yes and yes.

mkblinzler
Explorer C

Thank you very much TheMiddleSeat.

I wanted to make sure I understood correctly and you answered it.

Haipham2017
Adventurer B
Solution

@mkblinzler wrote:

I have a small business and am looking at getting a SW business credit card. If I get the card now and earn the 60k in miles it goes toward the 110k but I would have to earn the balance in miles/reward spending by 12/31/17 for the Companion Pass. Correct?

If so, isn't it better for me to apply for the card in January 2018?

thanks

Yes, but you also can apply the SW personal card too. By applying begin of the year you would have almost 2 years with companion pass. By the way, you can apply by mid-December since the time the credit post it would be in January.

mkblinzler
Explorer C

THANK YOU all for your help!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@mkblinzlerunless you think you may spend $50k for your business in the remainder of the year, or earn 50,000 points by spending plus flights, then why wait?

(For example $5k of flights x6 points and just a $20k of other business spending...there's a lot of variables that can affect the ratios.)

Especially if you plan to earn CP annually after this, you might as well get it sooner. Earning in January/February is great but the extra portion of a year is academic if you'd be earning CP every year anyway.

Waiting is good only if you don't think you'd otherwise make it every year anyway.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.