Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

CA Companion Pass - Terms Vary - Need Clarification

LGMama
Explorer C

SUMMARY: I need some help figuring out if my husband signed up for the Chase SW RR Visa that qualifies for the CA Companion Pass. The credit card arrived today (Nov 28) and I am looking at the actual credit card and every insert in the envelope and there is no mention of the CA Companion Pass promo. He doesn't remember "how" he signed up for the card - from a link I sent to him or by going to the Chase.com site. I don't want to activate the card if it doesn't qualify for the CA promo. 

BACKGROUND: I (not my husband) received a direct email with the Chase CA Companion Offer. My credit card arrived last week. And, like my husband's envelope and paperwork, there is no mention whatsoever of the promo. As you can see from the screenshot, the annual fee is $69. Reading through the Terms & Conditions, the 2nd sentence of Section 2 Companion Pass Terms it states: 

• Only the Rapid Rewards® Member who received this email/offer from Southwest Airlines® is eligible for this promotion. Offer is nontransferable. Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 9.56.36 PM.png

I wanted my husband to also take advantage of this offer and asked him to sign up for the card. He hadn't received the direct email. And since the terms & conditions said that "Only the Rapid Rewards® Member who received this email/offer from Southwest Airlines® is eligible for this promotion. Offer is nontransferable." I started to google... and came across a handful of blogs that said that the promo is now open to any California Resident (in other words, the offer was not just for those targeted by the initial campaign). 

The link that I keep getting directed to apply and take advantage of the promo looks a bit weird to me (see screenshot). This link says the annual fee is $99 (not $69 like my offer). The graphics offer in bold text uses the "^" symbol (whereas the email I received used a superscript 1 and superscript 2 to note the small print). The url looks legit to me (but in this age of Experian-level fraud, I am cautious). The other thing that makes me wonder if this link is legit is when you click over to the terms - it also states "Only the individual who received this email/offer from Southwest Airlines® is eligible for this promotion. Offer is nontransferable." This offer is on a Chase URL - it's not being sent to an individual - so that part of the T&Cs doesn't make sense.  

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 10.07.27 PM.png

Has anyone received a definitive URL that qualifies for the CA resident Companion Pass promo?

Has anyone know how to identify if a new Chase SW card qualifies for the promo?

Who/What # can I call? I've read some posts that Chase says to call SW and vice versa. 

Thank you! I can't wait to travel next year and take advantage of the promo - fingers crossed we figure this out in time!