Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

COLD PLANE!

lkulrich
Explorer C

We were recently on flight 994 from Baltimore to Orlando on 10/19/18.  The plane was absolutely FREEZING!  We could see our breath.  I asked for a blanket - they do not have.  At least if you were selling those tiny little blankets, you could have made some money off the passengers.  Most uncomfortable flight I have ever  been on.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: COLD PLANE!

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Being cold on a flight is never fun...just like being hot on a plane is never fun!  Given that you never know what the temp will be like, I always bring extra layers.  It's impossible to make it comfortable for everyone on the plane, so I take things into my own hands.

With that said, I encourage you to reach out to Southwest directly if you would like to provide feedback about this experience since this is a customer community.  You can tweet them at @southwestair or use the Contact Us page.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

Agreed.  In addition to layers for the cold planes, I keep a tiny fan that can be plugged into my I phone power socket for the hot planes.  Temperature extremes usually do not last the entire flight thankfully although  they can make a flight very uncomfortable.  I fly enough to try to be prepared for either extreme.  

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

I always try to remember to throw a sweatshirt and/or light blanket into my carry on bag. Layers, layers, layers!

LauraMiller108
Explorer C

Just flew in from LasVegas to Chicago and the plane was Freezing the whole flight! Why??? I have been flying for years and have never had to deal with this. Yes little by little they are taking away all the frills just never thought it would come to this! Maybe this was a test to see if they can start charging us for heat on our flights. My mom is in mid 80’s she was very uncomfortable. Passengers were wrapping bags around themselves trying to create a barrier from the cold air that was blowing down on them and the flight attendant was unable to adjust the vents as they were in the off positions but the cold air was flowing from a vent above the passengers which could not be shut off. I just want to let you know Southwest you blew it literally you froze your passengers trapped us on a flight for 3 hours. Flyers be ware! yes you will now need to pack your winter coat!

jksobonya
Aviator A

Planes flying from Las Vegas are generally too hot - even now the temps are 80-90 degrees during the day. I flew about two weeks ago and the flight attendants actually tell you to close the window shades to not let the sun in and heat up the cabin ...

--Jessica

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@LauraMiller108 I am so sorry you and your mother had such an uncomfortable experience, especially given the long length of your flight. As a peer-to-peer support forum, we are not equipped to assist you here, but I encourage you to Contact Customer Relations so they can document your concerns.

Nicole
Community Manager

SWFlyer007
Aviator C
Solution

@Everyone..I've been flying for many years and have found there is no temperature that will please everyone.  I've even found as I've aged that planes just seem to be colder?  But even before that, it's always been protocol for me to just carry on with me a light jacket, that has pretty much solved the issue.  And at times, saved me at my destination where I was unprepared for the drop in temperature while I was there.