Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: California Companion Pass Question

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@kcrawford1230,

Great question! One Rapid Rewards Account per person is what we allow, so both cards would filter into the same account. And yes, your enrollment points will count toward your Companion Pass!

kcrawford1230
Explorer C

Lindsey, 

I am looking at getting a personal credit card for rewards. However, I am also looking at getting a business card for company-related purchases. Do these enrollment rewards combine into one account being I would be the primary account holder for both? Also, do the enrollment rewards qualify me for the Companion Pass?

Much Obliged, 

Miguel

flyinghigh33
Explorer C

Hey @jayavanit,

Any update on receiving your Companion Pass yet? Hopefully you can provide a more accurate timeline from first statement to activated Companion Pass. My best guess is the stated "up to 15 business days" from when Chase tells Southwest (via the first credit card statement) that you are eligible.

I made my first purchase on 11/21 and get my first statement tomorrow and was hoping my companion pass will activate before some holiday flights I have planned.

Anybody else receive their promotional California Chase Companion Pass yet? If so, how long after your statement did it take?

Thanks!

RIX
Explorer C

First purchase on 11/11, statement 11/28 - no CP received yet

flyinghigh33
Explorer C

Alright guys, I have an update. My Companion Pass was activated yesterday! I have received no email stating this, but I have been checking my Rapid Rewards online account daily and all of a sudden it showed up yesterday. Log in and go to My Account and at the bottom of Snapshot it will ask you to enter the info for your companion.

As a reminder this is through the Chase California credit card promotion where you recieve a companion pass after opening a new Southwest Chase card and making a single purchase. My first purchase was on 11/21, first statement was 12/6, and companion pass activated on my RR account online on 12/13. Good luck and happy flying!