Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

California Millions Facebook Promotion - Is this legit? Or is this a scam?

thedanrivera
Explorer C

I just saw an add in Facebook with the following:

We’re giving away millions of Rapid Rewards points! Yes, we said million. Six zeroes.
#CaliforniaMillions

The add contains the following link: www.swacaliforniamillions.com

Once you click on the link, it asks you for your RR # and your password. 

HOWEVER - There is nothing on the official Southwest Airlines webpage, or under the RR My Account Promotions page, stating the legitimacy of this promotion. 

So, is this a real promotion? Or is this a scam?

12 REPLIES 12

Re: California Millions Facebook Promotion - Is this legit? Or is this a scam?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Sounds like a million mile scam! But I see it on The Points Guy...might be legit.

There was somebody that posted a few days ago about "big announcement on Facebook" but I don't really follow on there so I didn't see it.

I clicked through to the "non-CA" page which was hosted on the regular Southwest.com domain so leaning towards real.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Hello @thedanrivera

this is a legitimate promotion and anyone who lives in California can enter to win. Southwest will be at several events through California for more chances to win rapid rewards points 

for those who who are not California residents you can still enter to win a different contest to win 100,000 rapid rewards points. They did this same type of promotion last year as well for California. Be sure to enter daily so you have a chance at the instant win prizes for California residents only everything is outlined on the link you posted Good Luck!

@DancingDavidE the Facebook announcement was about the new plane which is now posted here on the community 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896wrote:

@DancingDavidE the Facebook announcement was about the new plane which is now posted here on the community 

Thanks @bec102896 I did see the notice about the plane! I don't really use Facebook to interact that way, I'm glad it was posted here as well.

I'll admit I'm a little geeky and always get a picture when I fly on one of the state planes. I should start to keep an inventory instead of random pictures.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

thedanrivera
Explorer C

Thank you!

jcolvin
Explorer C

SWA California Millions is legit. I was fortunate enough to win free points for the same promotion offered last year. 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Moderator here. I can confirm what other posters have said - our California Millions Promotion is real, and is really cool. Hope you enter, and best of luck to you!

ngeneus1
Explorer C

Hi,

I Heart SWA!  Have been flying happily for many years!

Looking forward to this promotion...

However, after multiple attempts to register for California Millions - I keep getting a "Something Went Wrong" error message.  

Can you help register me?

Thanks in advance,
GeneError after attempting to sign upError after attempting to sign up

KFab
Explorer C

I have been having the SAME problem all day - from my phone AND pc - says 'something went wrong' First tried at 8 a.m. - now 8 hours later and am still getting the same error message - help! I too thought it must be a scam...

Calheel
Explorer C

I've attempted multiple times on various days to register and had no success. I too have used different browsers. Any solutions provided?