Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can I use points to pay for a flight I already paid with credit card without changing the fare cost?

jerosig
Explorer C

Just wondering if I can use my points to pay for a flight I already paid with my credit card *without* changing the cost of the fare (i.e., fare may have gone up since I paid with credit card so when I change to pay with points, are the points I owe calculated based on what I originally paid, or how much the fare is at time I'm changing to pay with points?)

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can I use points to pay for a flight I already paid with credit card without changing the fare c

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@jerosig 

In order to switch from a reservation booked with a Credit Card to a points booking you would have to cancel and rebook at the current price. Unfortunately there is no way to keep your price point (unless that price is still there) and change payment type. 

hope this helps!

Blake 

Re: Can I use points to pay for a flight I already paid with credit card without changing the fare c

jerosig
Explorer C

Yes! Thank you!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jerosig wrote:

Yes! Thank you!

You'll also be issued travel funds if it was a non-refundable fare, as opposed to getting your money back (Business Select or Anytime only are refundable).

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.