Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can my companion earn "flights" towards A-List?

brittneyjacks
Explorer C

I have just earned the Companion Pass. Next I would like to achieve A-List which requires 25 one-way flights. I wanted to know if I fly with my companion, will this count as 2 one-way flights, each way? Or does it just count for one?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can my companion earn "flights" towards A-List?

franktravel
Aviator B

The following will not count toward qualification for A-List status: Rapid Rewards reward flights; Rapid Rewards Companion Pass travel; Rapid Rewards Partner points except for Tier Qualifying Points earned on the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Cards from Chase (as per the rules described below); bonus Rapid Rewards Points, unless specifically designated as such; nonrevenue travel, unless specifically designated as eligible; stops at intermediate cities on connecting or through flights; and charter flights. Tier Qualifying Points are not redeemable for travel on Southwest Airlines or through the "More Rewards" site.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

To clarify just a bit, if the Companion Pass holder's flight is a revenue flight (not using RR points), they would earn credit towards A-List status. The companion does not earn credit. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

wrote:

I have just earned the Companion Pass. Next I would like to achieve A-List which requires 25 one-way flights. I wanted to know if I fly with my companion, will this count as 2 one-way flights, each way? Or does it just count for one?

A-list qualifying is per individual, whether the companion flies with you doesn't affect your own qulification. A-list qualifying will be based on your own flights and/or point accumulation so in your case one round trip flight will be two one-way flights, whether the companion is with you or not.

Companions don't earn tier qualifying points or flights when they fly as companions, and they also don't assume the status of the companion pass holder which is a common misconception.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.