Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Can't Login to Rapid Rewards

Explorer C

I am now having same issue.  Can get in from my phone but not from my laptop.  Your IT folks need to hop on this.

leezard
Explorer C

can't log in to rapid rewards with points expiring in 2 weeks! This is ridiculous! I was able to pretend I was boolikng a flight and logged in successfully for that. Then got to the point of entering passenger information while still logged in and tried to click on rapid rewards and it went right back to the down for maintenanace message. benn that way for over a month. What gives Southwest?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

What's your location, or can you share any other details on what the message is? The site obviously has been working this whole time for most people so there is something specific to your account or connection that isn't working.

You might try calling and reset your password in case it is a problem with the credentials, then try to book online again after resetting your password.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@leezard wrote:

can't log in to rapid rewards with points expiring in 2 weeks! This is ridiculous! I was able to pretend I was boolikng a flight and logged in successfully for that. Then got to the point of entering passenger information while still logged in and tried to click on rapid rewards and it went right back to the down for maintenanace message. benn that way for over a month. What gives Southwest?

What you described sometimes happens when the cache in your browser automatically points to the wrong location in a website.

I'd advise that you ether try a different browser or clear cache on the browser you have been using.

If those don't work, please do as David said and call the airline.

Hint: if you are worried about expiring points you could enroll in the Southwest dining for points program (if not currently enrolled), visit a participating restaurant and spend a few bucks on lunch. The points addition would extend your points expiration by 24 months. Don't wait too long though as it does take a few days for points earned on the dining program to hit your account.

basslaw2010
Frequent Flyer B

Or Rapid Rewards Shopping. That is super easy too and I use it all the time.

Lampshade
Explorer C

I have been having this problem for a few months now. Someone in this thread hit the nail on the head: southwest.com isn't undergoing any long term maintenance, but they blacklist certain ranges of IP addresses for some reason. If you are trying to access the site from any of their blacklisted IP ranges, you get the message about undergoing maintenance. The only way around this is to use an entirely different internet connection, or find the people in IT security at SWA that maintain this blacklist.

Having the blacklist that isn't known by support personnel is one problem, but the bigger problem is that there is no indication that the problem logging on is due to being on a blacklist. Because the message is about maintenance, the support troubleshoots it like it's a maintenance window problem. When they eliminate any actual maintenance window as being the culprit, they just shrug and say it must be the customer's problem. After all, they won't be able to replicate the issue if they aren't attempting to access the site from a blacklisted IP address.

I occasionally access the internet via Amazon's AWS cloud (there are a ton of businesses who do this same thing). Because Amazon's cloud is used by a wide range of people and organizations for a wide range of things, some of the activities being performed in AWS have led to the entire range of AWS addresses being put on blacklists. I can't get to lowes.com or homedepot.com at all. Those sites, at least, give a message the indicates that the reason I can't get there is because my IP isn't allowed. Southwest lets you browse the site, but just won't allow you to log in. The message is very misleading, and the fact that nobody at SWA seems to realize that the problem is being on a blacklist means that you can't ever make the case to have your IP taken off the blacklist. Super frustrating. This needs to be addressed.

TonyP
Explorer C

Use a tracker blocking browser like firefox focus to prevent this error. 

joe2020
Explorer C

I have the same problem in April 2022! I am currently travelling abroad and trying to book a Southwest flight for June. I have funds from cancelled flights I need to use before they expire. Withhoding access like this is an unfair business practice by Southwest Airlines and it needs to be escalated to regulatory agencies and consumer protection agencies.

Technical issues don't persist like this for ten years. I am prepared to escalate if Southwest doesn't resolve this. Calling a hotline is not resolution. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

You could be on a black list,or you could be in a country that cannot get to the SW web site. The web site is not available to every one in the world in every country in the world.

Your solutions:

1) Use a VPN .or.

2) Click on "contact us " below to get to Twitter or Facebook .or.

3) Try the SW app chat function.