Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can't search for flights online

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I'm getting an error online - I can search flights to book if I'm not logged in, but when I log in to Rapid Rewards I get an "Oops" website that says to call the reservations 800 number.

Reservations doesn't know why the "Oops" would be appearing and can only reset my password - my account is fine, I can see all my rapid rewards points, upcoming flights, etc. but I can't navigate to book new flights...any ideas?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Can't search for flights online

kedinsmore
Explorer C

Just wanted to add I'm getting the exact same thing. I can search just fine while I'm not logged in, but as soon as I'm logged in I get the oops page. 

This just started a few hours ago.

BTW, I can search from the iPhone app just fine.

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

I'm getting the same error, but only when logged into my account.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Yes, I realized that my app is working fine while logged in, only the desktop browser isn't working.

The same thing happens on Edge and Chrome browsers.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Any other ideas? It turns out I wanted to use a LUV voucher for a flight coming up soon, but that isn't an accepted method of payment in the app.

I guess I will purchase without logging in and then try to add it to my account later.

@LindseyD do you have any other contact info for tech support? The I-Fly-SWA 800 line was not helpful in that regard, although they offered to make the booking over the phone.

David

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @DancingDavidE,

Send me a screenshot of the error message you're receiving. These things are tricky to diagnose without visuals, but we'll get it sorted out as quickly as we can for you. I'm sorry for the trouble. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

There was a big long string of a reference code, but the glitch seems to be repaired as I was able to book online last night using desktop software again. Thanks @LindseyD but it seems to be solved for now.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I suspect it's yet another glitch related to the conversion to the new "next generation reservation system." 😞

All day I've been receiving the dreaded "We are unable to secure the price for the flight you selected" message when trying to make points bookings for multiple, different itineraries. The points needed to "accept and continue" are very small -- less than a dollar's worth. So it's not a huge issue, just aggravating.