Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Cannot sign into iOS App

scottrm20
Explorer C

I cannot sign into the iOS app for Southwest.  I get the following:

Sorry, we can't seem to connect.  Please check your connection and try again.  Error: 500120210 ()

This only affects my login, I can login just fine with my wife or child's accounts from the same device and same connection.  

I can log into the website with my user/pass and it works just fine so this is something with my account and the mobile app.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Cannot sign into iOS App

scottrm20
Explorer C

Things I have tried:
      Uninstall & Reinstall App

On WiFi / On Cellular

On multiple devices: (iPad, iPhone, even replaced iPhone)

Rebooted Phone

Shut phone down and back on

Reset Southwest password 

Considering that I can login with another account just fine there is an issue with my account only.  Not an app or iOS issue.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@scottrm20 wrote:

Things I have tried:

Reset Southwest password 

I don't have the reference on me, but there was a thread on the community a while ago that there might be an issue with passwords that were too long - these would work fine logging in online, but the app had trouble with too many characters - maybe temporarily at least try a shorter password and see if that helps.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

scottrm20
Explorer C

THANK YOU

Multiple calls in and zero help from Southwest... their solution was... just log into the website...

really.... 

but Thank you so much!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@scottrm20 wrote:

THANK YOU

Multiple calls in and zero help from Southwest... their solution was... just log into the website...

really.... 

but Thank you so much!

Great, I'm glad that worked! I found the other reference and it was that the password should be less than 14 characters to use the mobile app. Someone also mentioned special characters which I'm not clear if there is a restriction or not on which may be used, some obviously are allowed. Maybe @GloriaL can clarify.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Hey,

I know this is a late response, but a further update of the app, fixed this for me! Hope it now works for you.

Zev

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

221pisces
Explorer C

I cant sign into the app or website. 

bec102896
Aviator A

@221pisces wrote:

I cant sign into the app or website. 

I would try again now as Southwest was making schedule changes and other maintenance last night which might have affected your ability to log in. 

If you still have trouble I would reach out to Southwest on Facebook or Twitter and hopefully they can help you get back in your account. 

-Blake